If you had to get a car part as a piece of decor/furniture, what would it be?

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by MrAnnoyingDude, Aug 8, 2017.

1. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

I'd get a matte black Ford Capri Mk1 hood, just like the one on that car, and use it as a magnetic board/blackboard.

2. Scudetto

Scudetto
    Expand Collapse

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ConcordeLXi

ConcordeLXi
    Expand Collapse

I have the hubcap from a Nissan Maxima hanging on my wall...

4. FluffyOreoCX

FluffyOreoCX
    Expand Collapse

5. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I was going to say a pickup bed bed, but it looks like I was beaten to it. I've seen some cool car pool tables, certainly wouldn't mind one
    of those. Probably more user friendly than trying to get in/out of a pickup bed at 3am or something...

6. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

I take it those are oil stains on the carpet? :p

7. CaptanW

CaptanW
    Expand Collapse

i have truck grilles on my wall. I just hung up a 1954 f100 grille from my newest parts truck :cool:

8. carlosjr

carlosjr
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I have a Hoosier drag slick in my grandmas basement. Ive been meaning to hang it somewhere

9. Fast-Subaru71

Fast-Subaru71
    Expand Collapse

Either this

Or this

I wouldn't feel like using actual car bodyparts to make furniture, but using car seats would be fine to me :p

10. gigawert

gigawert
    Expand Collapse

Is that your actual bed?

11. ConcordeLXi

ConcordeLXi
    Expand Collapse

I would get one of those front cuts that are imported from japan like this:
    dsc2503.jpg

I would mount a flatscreen TV (I would use it as a monitor) on the dash, then Hook up the Pedals, wheel, and shifter to the electronics of a G25 or G27 wheel, hook it up to a computer in the footwell, add some seats, and there. The most realistic simulator ever. You still have the engine to tinker with, too!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Fast-Subaru71

Fast-Subaru71
    Expand Collapse

Excuse me for my lack of knowledge here, but why exactly do they cut those cars in two ?

13. MrAngry

MrAngry
    Expand Collapse

Because a cut-up doesn't count as a "car" so you can avoid import restrictions.

• Informative Informative x 3
  14. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I can't say this is really a proper answer to your question but it might help. In one episode of Mighty Car Mods they had to cut a car from Japan in half to transport it due to some funky import restrictions. Not sure why those front ends are just sitting there but I'm sure it's some similar weird import law.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Car8john

Car8john
    Expand Collapse

You could take the spare pistons and even hang them on the wall, along with a radiation and small stuff like that if its your thing, perfect man-cave decoration material

• Like Like x 1
  16. ViperCobra

ViperCobra
    Expand Collapse

Valves=coat hanger

17. Tsutarja495

Tsutarja495
    Expand Collapse

Volvo 850 badges. Or I'd do what Clarkson did and convert a 928 into furniture. :p

18. CharredWing

CharredWing
    Expand Collapse

I would use a car muffler as the stand for a lamp, the headlight as the lamplight, the car's electrical cabling for the power cable, and the fabric from the seats for the lampshade. Oh yeah.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. FluffyOreoCX

FluffyOreoCX
    Expand Collapse

I freaking wish

20. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

probably will use the random extra parts as wall art I have a nose that I can paint and throw some lights in, a few trunk lids, a hood or two, three doors, 2 dash panels and a mostly complete set of gauges, a passenger seat, a rear seat back, a spoiler for each trunk lid (2 of them say TRANS AM on the back), a set or 2 of taillights a set of rallye ll's , a sub-frame(table? IDK) ,2 radiators(one from my car,one from my dad's 94 DSM), a set of rims from said DSM a set of steelies from dad's truck, a set of old olds 403 pistons a front mount intercooler that didn't fit on the DSM without removing the bumper bar(safety first!)the original turbo and manifold from the DSM(has a 20g now) and some more stuff if my dad can get his parts back from a friend he had work on the car a while ago
    (didn't turn out as expected and hasn't run right since and mom is unhappy because when it does run the turbo lag is massive so it's not as responsive anymore as it was with a 16g that currently is with it's ported manifold in Georgia at dad's friend's house and it still leaks oil,witch is why it went there in the first place, btw it was there for a year and a lot of stuff that should have been done wasn't)

#20 JBatic, Aug 10, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice