If you could change/add anything in/to the automotive industry, what would you do?

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by Kasir, Oct 21, 2019.

1. ladafan01

ladafan01
    Expand Collapse

Ban self-driving tech and make being on the phone while driving an offence that gets you in jail.
    (Of course make driving school more effective so that there aren't so many accidents).
    Change taxes to power/Euro-based(like here), not capacity-based(like in the rest if Europe).
    Make manufacturers offer emission upgrade kits to lower your tax and enable your car to go in the city center.
    Make it so torque/power curves are in the specs(the list that shows power and options).
    And some more

2. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

I don't know about other countries, but the German government does (or at least did) offer grants for retrofitting cars with newer emission tech.

And believe me, there are many moments and cars in which I would prefer self-driving.

3. ladafan01

ladafan01
    Expand Collapse

Nice, our gov doesn't.
    Nah, I can send you a pic of the traffic I drive in to get to uni, in a manual diesel van, I don't feel any fatigue

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Again, totally agree and see your points here. Even if it takes a while until a new Lancia model is introduced, The Ypsilon could be given the 208 treatment for a new gen where there is a gas and electric model offered. This should hopefully help boost sales for the Ypsilion, and by that way motivate Lancia to finally introduce a new model (non-Chrysler) since the current Ypsilion and 2008 Delta. I'm not sure whether they will make the Ypsilion that way once they introduce a new gen (if they even do, which I hope because the car is really showing it's age and probably will begin losing appeal), but if they do that should finally give them the leap they desperately need to grow as a brand, not discarded mediocrity.

5. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

Keep in mind that some members in the forum are absolutely crazy, they even want to ban human driving and use self-driving dominate the traffic.
    Agreed, because a detuned 4.5NA V8 is more efficient(and less emission) than an aggressively tuned 2.0T I4.

6. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

Source on that?

And when it comes to driving, I also like classic rock and cycling, so it's not like I've got that much skin in the game.

7. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

Looks like you often use "source on that" to disagree others. If others ask you this question you reply with
    without citing the source.

In terms of engine tuning. The horsepower of an aggressive tuned 2.0T is about the same as a detuned 4.5L NA V8. To get this horsepower, you increase the cam profile to increase high end torque, reduce compression ratio to prevent engine knocking with a massive turbo, and reduce the AFR to below 12.6 to cool the valves. All of these contribute to a lower MPG and higher emission.
    Detune a larger displacement engine, on the other hand, increases the energy efficiency by doing the opposite.

• Like Like x 1
  8. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

What do you consider aggressive? 200 HP? 250?

9. Copunit12

Copunit12
    Expand Collapse

Ban the use of low beam blue LED lights.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

The biggest problem of LED lighting is flicker. They tend to flicker a lot, at about 120Hz, halogen lights or xenon lights don't flicker.
    Today more and more vehicle's light quality deteriorate because of improper-driven LED lights, they simply use a cheap voltage chopper to control light intensity, instead of a proper DC power supply (which is also not expensive). Flicker, espesially on a moving object, can cause eyesore, headache, tiredness, motion-sickness or even photosensitve epilepsy. In terms of vehicle lighting, flicker can cause misjudgement of vehicle speeds and a higher accident rate.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Deleted member 309054

Deleted member 309054
    Expand Collapse

NO just no
    I would make ford mach e never exist

12. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

• Get rid of big grilles (BMW and Lexus I'm looking at you)
    • Bring back Pontiac
    • Make retro-styling more popular

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice