Idea for the Turbochargers

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by rapsicurio, Jun 20, 2016.

1. rapsicurio

rapsicurio
    Expand Collapse

I think it would be a cool idea to be able to fine tune your turbochargers on the cars like maybe you want to have it output more power at the cost of engine longevity or be able to make it output less power but still get a boost, you strive for a realistic car simulator and i think this would improve the realism of the turbos

2. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Stage 3 turbochargers are already adjustable in the tuning menu

3. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

Yes but they have limited tuning abilities. Have you ever played automation, if so there is much more adjustability on turbo than just wastegates. There is the A/R ratio, different types of bearings and changing the size of the compressor and turbine wheels. Turbos should be classed as a stage upgrade aswell, i think it sounds wierd. You dont hear of anybody going and getting a stage 3 turbo upgrade for their skyline.

4. bowdlerize

bowdlerize
    Expand Collapse

I consider detailed engine customization to be feature creep for a game / engine focused on soft body physics. Sure it would be nice to change compression ratios, run the A/F ratio rich and adjust the ignition timing but that is a whole lot of development time for something that doesn't add as much gameplay as say being able to play as police in the final game.

5. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

I realise the point you are trying to put across and I do agree with it, but it would still be nice to have a wee bit more engine tuning considering the D series for example with the 4.5L V8 has three engine options and each has a fairly big step in performance each time and them stops at like 400 or so Horsepower. It would be nice to have a little bit more of a range.
    --- Post updated ---
    Police in the final game would be an awesome feature to have as well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice