On Hold 1995 Ibishu Kashira (Gen 2) 3.1.2

The compact minivan that became a worldwide phenomenon!

Tags:
  1. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

I have some Ideas....

I know these are mostly for SUVs but i see em on vans sometimes :p

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Re:Z_IA

Re:Z_IA
    Expand Collapse

Well, no, you can’t just swap the parts between the versions, but if you really wanted to, you could probably just copy the new front fascia parts to the old version. Some things probably wouldn’t line up exactly, but it’d be close.

I mean, that’s what I was thinking at first, but it still kinda looked far too much like the old version, even with the longer taillights. So I think I’m probably going to keep the newest taillights for all models. There will be some extra cosmetic variation between the trim levels though; awd models will have blacked out rear pillars, and all of the higher-end models will have body-colored trim now (instead of just the awd models). I’m also thinking the lower trim levels will just get a metal sunroof, whereas the higher trims will have glass. All of this could be subject to change though.

Thank you! (*^ω^*)

As for the door, it’s significantly better now, then it was in the gif I posted a couple weeks ago. It still does get a little stuck sometimes, but it’s a bit more fluid now. I’m definitely going to be tweaking it some more before the final release, I’m just taking a bit of a break from the jbeam work at the moment.

I’m not sure about the cargo platform thing, but I’d definitely like to add some kind of roof bag/box. It is a minivan after all. (^.^)

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. jjjjj

jjjjj
    Expand Collapse

Will there be a JDM version just for shits and giggles?

4. Flameboy1364

Flameboy1364
    Expand Collapse

Noticed you've added a chrome small bumper, this may be a stupid sounding idea, but maybe a full size bullbar? Or even a Roobar, not too uncommon to see old minivans in Australia with bullbars from off-road cars. Skidplate could also be a good idea if it doesn't have one already as well as sideskirts. Also another dumb idea, how about a US spec model? I.E black large ugly bumpers bigger mirrors etc. Maybe a rear spoiler/overhang as well, for the sport trim?

5. Re:Z_IA

Expand Collapse

Like a Japan-spec version? I’ve thought about doing something like that. If I do do it, I don’t think it’ll be in this next release, but it would be cool to like do a Japanese version with some new engine options and cosmetic parts sometime in the future.

There is already a bigger bashbar as a bumper option, but I could potentially see about adding an off-road roof rack or something. It also already has a skidplate and rear spoiler, although I might tweak the design of the spoiler a little bit. And it is already a US spec minivan, but I kinda like the idea of completely plastic bumpers. That would look pretty good on like the cargo variant and stuff. (^^)

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. jjjjj

jjjjj
    Expand Collapse

Sweet, will there be right hand drive to go with it?

7. Re:Z_IA

Expand Collapse

If and when I end up making it, definitely! Especially now that I’m redoing the interior myself, mirroring everything shouldn’t be too difficult.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

I had a question, goes for pretty much anyone who has made/is working on a new vehicle...correct me if I am wrong, but one thing that I have noticed, especially in the vanilla cars, is there is no steering shaft from the dashboard thru the firewall to the steering gear...i wouldnt think it would be to hard to (at least) just model a placeholder, but ultimately creating some sort of rotating prop that goes along with the steering wheel. Only thing I could see being an issue is under extreme front end crashes, the "prop shaft" would stick out like the needles and steering wheel do, so maybe just modeling a shaft would be something that shouldnt be tremendously hard. but correct me if I am wrong, always just thought that would be a nice touch.

9. Deleted member 197136

Deleted member 197136
    Expand Collapse

Plastic bumpers would be wonderful. Although the Pessimas before and after don’t have them as an option. But then again the Kashira is a different model. I think you should add them though.

10. SPENCER6665555999

SPENCER6665555999
    Expand Collapse

do you think you could possible make a tree to put on top as a Christmas update

11. Blood-PawWerewolf

Blood-PawWerewolf
    Expand Collapse

Is the sliding door(s) going to be on the pre-facelift as well or no?

12. Re:Z_IA

Expand Collapse

I don't think that would be too hard to do. Probably the easiest way to do it would just be to add a steering shaft as an extra flexmesh to the steering wheel itself. The only real issue is that the engine bay in the Kashira isn't entirely accurate right now, so a steering shaft might look a little weird, but I think I can get it to work. (^^)

Hmmmm, maybe. I'd have to smush the tree a bit (like they do when you actually put it on your car), but depending on what the model looks like, that might not be overly difficult to do. We'll see...

I'm not updating the pre-facelift version, so no. Sorry. (‘-’*)

Light blue Kashira + matching roof box = super cute! ♡⃛(ू•ᴗ•ू❁)
    screenshot_00704.png screenshot_00706.png screenshot_00708.png

• Like Like x 30
  13. zibi20

zibi20
    Expand Collapse

when can we expect an update of this mod?

14. ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet

ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet
    Expand Collapse

When it's ready.

• Agree Agree x 10
  15. Deleted member 197136

Deleted member 197136
    Expand Collapse

Love the extra storage on the top, looks great. If you were to follow out with the Christmas tree prop it would be a great reason to make skin support. You could add a snowy livery. Though we don’t have an official snow map :(

16. STEVIE_G4M1NG_YT

STEVIE_G4M1NG_YT
    Expand Collapse

owo

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Lucaas

Lucaas
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Give me the most anime text face you can personally create with bare hands to keyboard.

OT: Great mod. I'm not a fan of minivans since most minivan drivers drive as slow as Prius drivers, but hey... "
    "It be just a mod ye old Chum!"

^ I don't think that's something people say. lol

• Like Like x 1
  18. SPENCER6665555999

SPENCER6665555999
    Expand Collapse

yeah it would be more realistic to smoosh the tree and maybe even put the straps on it

19. 2000ToyotaCorolla

2000ToyotaCorolla
    Expand Collapse

ho
    honestly minivan driver are a lot better than prius drivers

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Re:Z_IA

Expand Collapse

I can’t really give an exact date, but hopefully around Christmas time. There’s a lot of smaller stuff I still need to do though, besides just the visual stuff on the exterior. Probably the biggest things are the new interior (which I’ve started to work on), making the door jbeam a bit nicer (as well as applying it to the other door), and cleaning up and UV mapping the mesh. It shouldn’t take too long though! (^^)

Uhhhhhhhh...

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(❁´◡`❁)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*
    Tfw you’re a minivan driver who wants a hybrid as their next car...
    4CC02549-756E-46FB-B1B4-0B4690890B14.gif

• Like Like x 10
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice