Released Ibishu Covet MRi *UPDATED*

Discussion in 'Mods and Skins' started by dkutch, Dec 12, 2013.

1. dkutch

dkutch
    Expand Collapse

I was looking for a relatively simple, quick mod to do to spice up the vehicle selection a little bit, and Mythbuster gave me the awesome idea to make the Covet mid engined. So, I bring to you, the Ibishu Covet MRi.

Almost everything on it is still by Gabester. Only things I've done to it was add my own tire texture, make my own sway bars, and extrude/move some verts around. I deleted the entire rear suspension, and duplicated the front unibody/suspension, mounted it in the back. I did all the n/b edits to the stock Covet to make this.

I feel it drives quite well, very responsive, if not a little darty. But, I would expect a car like this in real life to be unpredictable. If you read up on the Renault 5 Turbo's and the Clio V6's, I think you'll agree.

CREDITS:

Dennis-W for the racing seats
    Gabester for the original vehicle
    Me for the edits

EDIT: Alright, updated the zip file. Probably the last update that I'll do to it. If you want to use anything off of it, public or private, PLEASE ASK FIRST.

Attached Files:

#1 dkutch, Dec 12, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. jotaonze

jotaonze
    Expand Collapse

Re: Ibishu Covet MRi

This looks awesome!

3. Neidjel

Neidjel
    Expand Collapse

This is just awesome. And if it's anything compared to the Renaults you mentioned, it indeed would be really unpredictable. Only one thing I would suggest though, is to put the cold air intake somewhere else (maybe on the bottom of the car?), to make it "more realistic".. But except for that you've done a way better job than I hoped to do on my attempt.

4. JDMClark

JDMClark
    Expand Collapse

Omg! This is amazing never though about this haha! Good work dkutch MSI needs to hurry up with my mobo RMA I wanna test this bad boy out.

Videos please! Wanna see some crash tests and see how the body reacts to the change of weight distribution.

Also 4WS should be an option.

5. Neidjel

Neidjel
    Expand Collapse

I like how it drives, but somehow I'm getting no textures (playing on lowest settings).. I also wonder how safe a fuel tank in the front is but I guess the safety of a mid engined RWD hatch isn't really first priority anyways :p

Attached Files:

• no textures.png
  6. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

Are you saying you made effectively a Twini (thats a twin engine Mini just so you know look it up) out of that car...next question how much horsepower you planning on giving it!

7. dkutch

dkutch
    Expand Collapse

Alright, I'm sorry about the texture issue. Looks like anyone who has Covet mods installed will get the error.

I updated the zip in the first post, redownload it and try it please.

Essentially I could do that easily, but that's not what this vehicle is. This one is like a Renault 5 Turbo, stock engine mounted in the hatch to make it a mid engine, rear drive car.

8. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

Ah thanks for correcting me..but still it looks awesome

9. Neidjel

Neidjel
    Expand Collapse

Textures work. Thanks for the mod, I really like it

10. JDMClark

JDMClark
    Expand Collapse

I wanna see some crash test videos :) bet the front end can't handle much of a hit now without the engine.

11. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

the turbo system need a tad more boost time on it so it builds up and it just doesnt DUMP you into a world of wheel spin and you loosing the back end but its perfect in all aspects!

12. Neidjel

Neidjel
    Expand Collapse

That pretty much explains why it's like this though..

13. dkutch

dkutch
    Expand Collapse

To be honest, more turbo lag will actually make it more difficult to drive actually. :|

14. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

Would a smaller turbo before the big turbo soften the wheel spin or not..you know a dual stage or a dual spool engine I am not entirely sure what its called...if anyone knows PLEASE correct me!

15. TheRealPhil

TheRealPhil
    Expand Collapse

BiTurbo? Too bad my english sucks , german word would be Registeraufladung , but that doesn´t help much:(

16. Neidjel

Neidjel
    Expand Collapse

I know it does, I was only trying to explain to him why it handles like this.

According to wikipedia they're called sequential turbos, and I don't think they were used around the time the Renault 5 Turbo was made, and I also doubt it will reduce wheelspin.. I think it only reduces lag. I don't own a turbocharged car though and the only two I've ever had a ride in were nowhere comparable to this car. I just don't think there would be a very realistic way to reduce wheelspin, except for less power or slicks

17. TheRealPhil

TheRealPhil
    Expand Collapse

supras have these , reduces lag a lot (biturbo supra rapes a single turbo one on curvy tracks when they have the same hp amount). not sure about the wheelspin though:D.

18. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

I have 2 Saabs in my family and that I have driven both but they are both single turbo models so they wont have any sway here...but theres always fiddling about with that Limited Slip Diff...

19. dkutch

dkutch
    Expand Collapse

EDIT:
    Don't use the limited slip. Its not needed, and I haven't tuned it yet.

It does not need a twin turbo setup. Just need better throttle management. :p

Here's a peak at the Turbo version. Rims are subject to change:

Attached Files:

• ss (2013-12-12 at 07.42.49).jpg
    • ss (2013-12-12 at 07.44.42).jpg
  20. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

slower throttle response then thats easily done....isnt it...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice