1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

I want to make a cool jbeam, but...

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by kookymonkey6823, Oct 18, 2019.

Tags:
  1. kookymonkey6823

kookymonkey6823
    Expand Collapse

I've seen time lapse videos of people making custom models in Blender, but nobody makes time lapse videos of themselves making jbeams. The only videos I can find for jbeaming are from 2013/2015 using BeamNG Jbeam Editor which hasn't been updated since 2015 and is now out of date. So it would be very helpful if someone linked/told me how to properly make jbeams for cars. I do not care how hard it is. I know that making a custom jbeam is hard, I do not care if I smash my screen with my keyboard and give up. I. Just. Want. Something.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. i.want.to.mod

i.want.to.mod
    Expand Collapse

well i use the BNE editor and i have no issues with it. the only way i can say to get a cool jbeam going is plot the points manualy and connect the nodes with beamns in the BNE editor. thats all i can say for any help. good luck woth making that cool jbeam though!

3. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

NBE is not out of date, its old, buggy, but it still works.

As far as basics of jbeam, check the Wiki, its all nicely explained there.
    And tbh, jbeam is one of those things that a step by step tutorial would be useless for, since the n/b structure will always be different.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. kookymonkey6823

kookymonkey6823
    Expand Collapse

But the thing is NBE doesn't work on my computer

5. TrackpadUser

TrackpadUser
    Expand Collapse

An other thing is that if people make their JBeam using mostly notepad++ or some other text editor, it's not something that would look very interesting in a time lapse.

And it's a lot of cycles of "Make a coupe of parts for your thing" -> "Test it/try to break it" -> "Adjust until it works" -> "Make other parts" -> etc

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

Eventually I plan on doing just this... doing a full blown mod tutorial from start to finish... 3D modeling, JBeam's, Configurations... the whole 9 yards.... and I plan on doing it after I finish my current project. Am I the perfect candidate to do it? No... not at all... but I haven't seen anyone else do it... or even suggest that they were going to do it... so someone might as well give people a stepping off point at the very least.

Basically it will just be me building a simple car and explaining every step of the process and why I have done said things... but in doing so it should include everything that is necessary to build darn near any other type of mod.

When the time comes I will probably start a thread to make sure I cover all the topics well (as I have a tendency to accidentally skip over stuff that I just thought was common knowledge when in reality, its not)

This won't be happening for a little while, but when I finally do get around to it I think it will help everyone else out massively.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Blijo

Blijo
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 1
  8. i.want.to.mod

i.want.to.mod
    Expand Collapse

if it doesnt work on your pc, you have a weak one. Try upgrading your graphics card or buy a new pc

9. kookymonkey6823

kookymonkey6823
    Expand Collapse

I just got a 2k laptop, NBE says there's an error when I click on some of the tabs, plus I can't put a model file into NBE which is also weird

10. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

The errors usually means something and usually indicate the problem.
    You should not omit what an error says when reporting back a problem.

This advice applies for anything, the errors messages are there for a reason :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice