I need your help for creating a transmission AWD and motor

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Sevennemesis, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Sevennemesis

Sevennemesis
    Expand Collapse

Hi, I want you to help me to create my AWD transmission and motor for my delta! :D

here are the specs

Engine
    DOHC 1995cc in-line four-cylinder twin-cam 16v turbocharged
    212 HP @ 5750 tr/m
    232 LB-FT @ 2500 tr/m

Top speed : 220 kmh / 137 mph

Fuel tank capacity : 57 littres

Transmission

Manual 5 gear Permanent 4WD with centrally-mounted epicyclic torque converter and Ferguson viscous coupling, Torsen-type rear differential with 5:1 wheel torque ratio

[TABLE="class: specs, width: 380"]
    [TR]
    [TH="align: right"]acceleration 0-60mph[/TH]
    [TD="colspan: 3"]5.7 s[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

2. Holland

Holland
    Expand Collapse

3. Miura

Miura
    Expand Collapse

Some of the specs can be used straight in the jbeam files. Use real data as much as possible.

You have the most important points for the torque curve there. Maybe you can find a dyno curve for the rest so the shape of the curve is correct.

232 lb-ft = 315 Nm @ 2500 rpm
    212 hp = 158 kW, at 5750 rpm that's 262 Nm

Engine braking and friction are reduced from the engine torque so the engine doesn't have as much power as the torque curve says. On the other hand, the car would have something like 20-30% drivetrain loss from engine to wheels.

Wikipedia says the power distribution is 47/53%, so you can put 0.47 and 0.53 to "engineTorqueCoef" in the differentials. Not sure if the distribution should be variable, but that can't be simulated yet. Front diff seems to be open, rear torsen type is not simulated yet. Put closed LSD with maybe a few hundred "closedTorque" in the rear diff.

Gear ratios are usually easy to find, important for a real car.

Post the engine and transmission jbeams if you want more suggestions. After the basics are done, it's hard to say how it could be improved without testing.

4. Sevennemesis

Sevennemesis
    Expand Collapse

I found a lot of information here! : D

http://www.fiat-lancia.org.rs/Manuals/Delta_HF/16 - Evo 2 Technical Data.pdf

- - - Updated - - -

Thx! :D

- - - Updated - - -

Nice tube, I check it

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice