1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

I messed up my PostFX settings

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Nickorator, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Nickorator

Nickorator
    Expand Collapse

I had already posted something about "How to use PostFX" but since that didn't get replies, I decided to try it out by myself. Which to no surprise didn't go so well.

At first I got my PostFX settings so messed up that there were black and white squares all over my screen, but after some tweaking I got rid of that. That left me with an overly-grey tone in my game.
    Post WAT.JPG

I really don't know what happened. For the last 30 minutes I've been changing EVERYTHING trying to get my game back to normal but nothing seems to make any difference at all. At this point I just want a clean slate since I don't want to mess it up any more lol. But I certainly don't want to re-install my game, so if anyone can just tell me what I need to change then that would be really helpful.

But my whole goal here was to make my game look better with PostFX... If anyone has any tips about what I need to change in order to make the game look higher quality then that would also be much appreciated.

Anyways, here are my current settings:
    http://imgur.com/a/okKvB

#1 Nickorator, Oct 29, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
  2. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Mess with HDR color shift. Probably changed it toward dark, it gives that washed out feel.

3. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Tried clicking Revert? :p

(Also you may have set your Gamma in Options by accident)

4. Nickorator

Nickorator
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I actually tried that first thing lol. It doesn't actually revert anything for some reason. And at this point it wouldn't do any good anyways since I've loaded maps and crashed the game multiple times in the process of all this :p

- - - Updated - - -

Gonna try both your suggestions. I'll tell you if it works in a minute

UPDATE: I never touched the gamma. So that didn't really do anything. And the color shift didn't change anything either. That was actually the one thing I didn't touch at all during this whole mess lol. Even setting that to white didn't have any effect.

#4 Nickorator, Oct 29, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
  5. Nickorator

Nickorator
    Expand Collapse

I just turned off my PostFX entirely. It's a shame though. I wish I could have figured this out lol. Maybe I will someday but until then it's off

#5 Nickorator, Oct 30, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
  6. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

Turn off each postfx option individually, when the grey go's away you now know which postfx option is causing problems

Sent from the 3rd galaxy via the talks of tapping

7. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

You sure it isn't gamma

8. garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson
    Expand Collapse

Mine looked like that when i was messing with the Colour Shift, if you turn it off it goes back to normal.

9. Hemuli

Hemuli
    Expand Collapse

You can revert to defaults by clicking "load preset" and select the default preset from /BeamNG.Drive/scripts/postfx/default.postfxpreset.cs.
    You may have to alt+tab out to see the file browser that pops up when you press "load preset".

Hope this helps!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice