1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

I have something to complain about the community

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Djplopper, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Djplopper

Djplopper
    Expand Collapse

Surfing through the forums i noticed a common thing that kinda piss me off, every time an official car is teased, released or just updated everyone needs to put in comparison the car with real cars, The 2400i is a Lexus 5-Series Quattro Mercedes or the SBR4 is a GT-R Porsche Grand Caravan and so on..... Why do you have to find a real counterpart? the cars in the game reflects various designs of car history and they are kind of unique. I also want to remind that there are official threads about the cars in the game don't spam all over the forums. That's just an opinion of mine, i created a thread instead of just a comment to have the possibility to hear what others thinks, thank you and sorry if i mispelled some words

• Like Like x 7
  2. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

As annoying as it is, it's not a big problem I have to say. Although it has crossed my mind to make this thread a few times.

3. youwerelucky

youwerelucky
    Expand Collapse

Finding and appreciating the different influences is one of many ways of enjoying a work of art, so I don't see the problem with that. I agree with the need to use the existing threads though.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Djplopper

Djplopper
    Expand Collapse

I know there are different design cues but sometimes i feel people just want to assume that a car is a copy of an existing one and not a vehicle purposely made, it seems unfair for the devs

• Like Like x 4
  5. 111111111

Expand Collapse

I agree with djplopper it is annoying to get on and see a thread saying a beamng car looks like real car

• Like Like x 2
  6. Vinh

Vinh
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

That's quite true. I think that ever since GTA 3 (or whatever driving games), people on forums just gonna have a big agurment about what car it was based on. I mean, cars in games take design of various real-life cars to make them look unique, different or to avoid copy right issues. Don't have a huge agurment about which car it is based on, each person has their own opinon.
    Sorry for crappy English if there's any

• Like Like x 2
  7. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

Yes, but normally they are limited to those weird "internet game car databases" that no one but the members of care enough about to argue.

• Like Like x 1
  8. 1185323118

Expand Collapse

Agree, this should be stopped, and it's a humiliate to gabe's design skill

• Like Like x 1
  9. Vinh

Vinh
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

That maybe true.

10. Djplopper

Djplopper
    Expand Collapse

That was the point, gabe works for months in designing his cars from scratch and when i release a car the forum is full of 10 years old children saying that the etk k-series is similiar to a toyota previa... come on

11. AllTerrainOutlaw

AllTerrainOutlaw
    Expand Collapse

i may of done this but it someone asks a question about a vehicle and they say they never heard about it. imo it is ok to say a real vehicle similar to in game has this so they know it is realistic.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Djplopper

Djplopper
    Expand Collapse

As i said, cars have real counterparts design cues, but trying to find a whole car design cue is just stupid, Idk if you remember when the sbr4 was released, the war between people who thought was a gt-really and who a 911 when it is a scratch made vehicle by gabe

13. adrian2013

adrian2013
    Expand Collapse

I see your point but people just end up arguing

14. wearyNATE15

wearyNATE15
    Expand Collapse

But the sunburst is a Impreza.. D-15 is a silverado
    ok ill stop

15. Djplopper

Djplopper
    Expand Collapse

I was surfing BeamNG facebook page and under the 2400i i found this
    Collage 2016-06-17 04_48_29.jpg
    I think that with the FSO Polonez and Fiat 126 we could close the internet

16. Powered_By

Powered_By
    Expand Collapse

I can see your point in this subject. But I do not see this being a big enough problem where it has to be addressed. Whenever I engage in something of 'this looks like' or similar to that. I just state what a specific car reminds me of, or I try to.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Djplopper

Djplopper
    Expand Collapse

I also don't think is a big problem, just a curious thing that sometimes gets a little bit annoying. I think that anyone could think of similiarities because there are lots but sometimes threads are full of these comments when there is a section for that, i don't want this phenomenon to stop, just to be confined to the car thread in the official content section.

18. AllTerrainOutlaw

AllTerrainOutlaw
    Expand Collapse

The thing is i find the similarities to Gabe's models to the ones in ROR just re branded. I don't want to get on your bad side I do that to people saying they want ROR vehicles in beamng.

19. Djplopper

Djplopper
    Expand Collapse

Except the vehicles are completely different

20. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

I have to agree. It's quite demeaning to the content creators (gabe in this case) when all people have to say about their hours, days and months of hard work is "it looks like a toyota civic!", rather than "I like the way it's proportioned" or "The front looks really nice!" or "I wanna go into the back of a wendy's and give this car the CLEVELAND STEAMER." (okay, not that last one.)

It reflects the immaturity of the forums when people do this, and I can only imagine it to be somewhat demotivating to the devs when they just get this same response over and over again. It's like when they reveal a brand new awesome feature and all people have to say is "add a ferrari to teh game lol" (admittedly, the Facebook and Youtube comments are the most guilty of this last one).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice