1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

i cant handle this

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FPSKoda4, Apr 10, 2017.

1. FPSKoda4

FPSKoda4
    Expand Collapse

i cant sleep ive been thinking and thinking about posting this for about 8 days so i sald **** it and do it anyways
    lets dig into this

Watch that video on him offroading Seriously i cannot grip the rocks like he did even with the best tires ingame and weight its like butter Lol
    i tried to do the same thing with the offroad Truck in beamng and i lost grip slide and burning rubber at 5 kmh
    Please explain why people say this is *REALISTIC* please go do some research on videos like gopro under wheel well or offroading racing and you will start to understand then try to do it in beamng
    ill later do a video side by side to explain this better and maybe edit some bits while im not busy with my job work

Attached Files:

• boom.jpg
  2. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

Why did you post an image of the game from at least 2-3 years ago? Physics have changed a lot since then.

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. Modem

Modem
    Expand Collapse

if your burning rubber your going too fast. try going slower like in the video that was linked. you probably were pushing the vehicle too hard.

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. CTJacob

CTJacob
    Expand Collapse

Did you air down your tires to about 15psi? His tires in the video are almost flat.

What do you use for a controller?

Edit- I assume you were using low range already.

#4 CTJacob, Apr 10, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 7
  5. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

First of all, I'm writing under the assumption that you're concerned about losing traction. Please let me know if this isn't the case.

With that said, where did you try to off-road, and what sort of setup were you using?

Did you remember to lock all differentials and wheel hubs? Did you put the rangebox in "Low"? I've been able to cover most terrain in the game using the D35 Pig with those conditions met.

Beamng does have off-road tires at the moment, but they don't have tread quite as beefy as the ones mounted to the jeep in the video above. Hopefully this will change with the update, as the Hopper may bring some new trail equipment.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. FPSKoda4

FPSKoda4
    Expand Collapse

* 5 kmh *
    --- Post updated ---
    locked low 4x4 and i used the pig truck

7. Modem

Modem
    Expand Collapse

i honestly doubt your doing burnouts at 5 kph.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. FPSKoda4

FPSKoda4
    Expand Collapse

No Normal rock clawing and i hear rubber not even half thrrolte

9. FPSKoda4

FPSKoda4
    Expand Collapse

somebody with common sense!!! thank you!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Confused_Deer43

Confused_Deer43
    Expand Collapse

Are you using the latest version of the game though? the one you posted a screenshot of is outdated, the tires tended to slip and make more screeching noises in the older versions.
    0.8 is the latest version of the game for about another week or so

11. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

You are facing multiple difference there, for one stock off road vehicles are ridiculously powerful with stage 2 superchargers they are putting out some serious horse power, which means controlling all that power will be quite difficult.
    That jeep probably has under 200hp or something there abouts? Try without supercharger.

Second issue is that default off road vehicles has open front diff and limited slip rear diff, no lockers, you have to add lockers yourself from parts configuration.

Third issue is with games general vs real world, in game same size rocks as in reality don't feel so big as in reality because your chair is not tilting and rocking.

First part of my video shows comparable terrain with rocky part of the video you posted, 2nd part I go where no man in reality would go with kind of vehicle I'm driving, my only complaint really is tires popping quite easily, but then again I was running only 10psi so might be driver error:

--- Post updated ---
    This video shows my config and setup for D-series and how it can take on even huge boulders, my only issue here is that with my gamepad I'm using combined throttle&brake, while in reality I would be on brakes most of the time and nudge car with throttle while having light pressure on brakes.

I got 4 corners light at one point, but unlike IRL I managed to unstuck without destroying anything, IRL I would of needed some repairs probably.

Hopefully this helps some to find out how to enjoy more about offroading side of BeamNG, it really is nice, but those default off roading vehicles just are too powerful, even I6 is plenty when using low range, also reason why jeeps don't have most powerful engines as too much power can be hard to control.

• Like Like x 2
  12. owenisaacson93

owenisaacson93
    Expand Collapse

Dont forget the super stiff offroad suspension. Softer is better for off road lets the suspension flex more and absorb impacts better. I grew up in the socal deserts and learned this from a master vw buggy builder. This has been bugging me for a while in this game Ive wanted to say something but this community can be really annoying so I typically keep to myself.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. FPSKoda4

FPSKoda4
    Expand Collapse

i have the game up to date i was just testing how that add picture thing worked

• Like Like x 1
  14. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

My controller setup is like this, I'm using gamepad, not sure if it is any help to you:
    upload_2017-4-11_3-24-23.png
    upload_2017-4-11_3-24-47.png

15. FPSKoda4

FPSKoda4
    Expand Collapse

tbh the first video i dont think tires pop that easy just saying

16. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I had only 10psi air pressure there, but yeah, sometimes tires like to pop too easy in game, but I guess that is going to be improved in future.

17. Cory5503

Cory5503
    Expand Collapse

Are you sure the dude wasn't running stick-eez on the Jeep? Stick-eez are a BF Goodrich or TSL tire that has rubber with a different chemical makeup. If you were trying to climb a rock face or anything higher than the bottom of the front frame rails, you have to remember that the Jeep JK in the video weighs a good ton and a half less than a D-Series, H-Series or Roamer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Climbing:
    upload_2017-4-11_23-13-17.png

Haven't seen Jeep doing this:
    upload_2017-4-11_23-36-34.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Cory5503

Cory5503
    Expand Collapse

20. Standard

Standard
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Yeah, except I cannot replicate this.
    -Cue why da faq you lyin-

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I think that his greatest problem was that he did not realize those Off-Road variants of vehicles have over 500hp and over 700Nm of torque, with open differentials pushing throttle to half way certainly will burn some rubber as throttle half way is giving nearly 100% of power.
    Manifold pressure vs throttle opening is good search about that.

But also issue is kind of in game, Stock Off-Road vehicles are more of open area high speed racing kind of vehicles, so for many they are not quite what to except.

Then there are controller issues, for example with my game pad between 0% throttle and 100% throttle there is perhaps ~1cm which is less than 1/2 inch, from that full power comes before 100% throttle, somewhere between 40-60% usually so I have 0.5cm or 1/4" controlling over 500hp, default control is linear so precision driving is not going to happen.

When understanding and knowing this it is easy to compensate to these limitations, but when not knowing it is easy to make false assumption.

• Agree Agree x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice