i cant delete my own post?

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by ReeferBMX, Mar 30, 2014.

1. coopercrue

coopercrue
    Expand Collapse

Re: I think we can all agree we need Multi-Player?

Good God, I have seen some of the most ignorant people on this board.

#21 coopercrue, Mar 31, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  2. deadlyquasar

deadlyquasar
    Expand Collapse

Re: I think we can all agree

I'd be curious about the possibility of a LOD sort of system for the jbeams, or at least a high and low quality jbeam for player driven vs mp or ai cars. There is also the possibility of using a system of a set of nodes that sync to multiplayer, just a few for reference of position, rotation, and action applied to the cars then the physics of the rest of the nodes is handled locally. I mean for multiplayer purposes making sure the car is in the right spot doing the right thing is important but the exact state of the damage on the car isn't. Lets not forget Rigs of Rods had mp working, not perfectly by any means but it was a working system with node/beam sim going. I know a lot of work in involved in setting up net code, especially when dealing with syncing physics like this but its not impossible, just difficult and with the current team not going to happen for a while.

3. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

One future plan is physics pausing. Stationary vehicles without AI outside a certain radius from other moving vehicles would simply pause their physics until something gets near them again. Why calculate the full skeleton when its stationary? Don't need to so they won't. That is also going to be important for maps because I think it has been mentioned that map props will be JBeamable eventually.

Having a few reference nodes has also been suggested and I think with current technology is possibly the best we can hope for. There would be sync issues on the rest of the skeleton though, but perhaps that could be overcome with a lower frequency full skeleton sync instead. Should be enough to have a laugh with some mates. Just depends on how TDev and Estama want to go with it.

4. ThreeDTech21

ThreeDTech21
    Expand Collapse

I've always wondered about that, that's a good idea about pausing the physics, its cool that computers can still calculate things even when off screen, I remember in GTA 4 I had a mod that allowed you to spawn body guards that would follow you around and shoot at anyone that shoots at you or hits you or bumps into you etc. One time i left the body guard behind when I got in a car and drove to the other side of the map, 20min later I drive back towards that side of the map and.. here is the body guard still running to catch up to me on the bridge now! A good 20min (in game) run from where I left him haha, that always amazed me, like did the computer calculate traffic? buildings in the way? obstacles and such?

I have a good Idea, how about spilt screen views! I mean instead of one player camera what if you could split screens and have half of the screen be focused on the player (player camera) forward view, and half focused on the backwards view! or side view or etc. that would be nice! also you can resize the screens, you could do split screen or 60% 1st camera and 40% 2nd camera etc. would that be hard to code for?? maybe someone can make a mod for it, if its even possible..

5. SeenCreaTive

SeenCreaTive
    Expand Collapse

The devs have talked very specifically about this topic. Unfortunately how power hungry Beamng is, and the heavy down side of lag with destroy any change of that. I will ask the same question Gabe himself asked "Have you ever seen a racing game with good collisions?". Burnout Paradise, relatively simple client side damage system, but it was brutally bad. Some times there will be delays of MINUITES between hitting on your screen then them actually getting the hit. Next Car Game will be pushing it and Im very sure they will have SERIOUS issues, and they don't use soft-body physics

6. jotadoze

jotadoze
    Expand Collapse

A.I.s can be your friends, only problem tho, is that they are dumb as crap.

7. raiderfan

raiderfan
    Expand Collapse

That's what there saying anyway i'll believe it when i see it. If they have made so many changes i wonder why we haven't seen more devs blogs. So far all we know is the auto trans is fixed, new race system, and new ui and about 90% of the ui is being made by theshark.

EDIT: Also forgot they have fixed the parking brake :p

8. Motovader72

Motovader72
    Expand Collapse

How dare you forget that! ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice