I can not get my custom skin mod to work

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by LuckyTheDonkey, Jul 28, 2019.

1. LuckyTheDonkey

LuckyTheDonkey
    Expand Collapse

I'm trying to get a custom Grand Marshall skin I made for my son working. I would appreciate it if anyone could take a look and maybe see what I'm doing wrong. Just to try and preempt some possible questions I've done the following:

- Changed the "overlayMap[2] = "vehicles/hatch/hatch_skin_YOURSKIN.dds"; to "overlayMap[2] = "hatch_skin_YOURSKIN.dds" and tried copying various other different weird things that I saw inside of working mods I have downloaded.
    - I'm using GIMP, which I'm familiar with, and have tried every compression option, as well as generating mipmaps/not generating mipmaps
    - Experimented with it unpacked
    - Cleared the game cache and verified integrity of game files in Steam multiple times
    - Used Bandizip and Winrar to ensure it's not a packing problem
    - Recreated the DDS, .cs and .jbeam from scratch in Notepad++, repacked it, deleted mod from in game menu, closed game, cleared cache, verified integrity in Steam, put new MaxFullSize.zip into the mods folder, restarted game

I'd rather not write over the default skin and do it that way. If I can figure this out I'd like to make some other custom skins when I have time to upload for everyone to use. The mod does show up in his installed mods list but it doesn't show up anywhere in game to select it. I couldn't find anything relevant in the console about it either.

Thanks in advance. I'm sure it's something simple I've overlooked. It usually is with these things.

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice