I am reviving my old impala mod. Need some help.

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by Joeyfuller2000, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Joeyfuller2000

Joeyfuller2000
    Expand Collapse

So I have decided to go ahead and give this thing another look. I was wondering if anyone had a 2006-13 impala (LS model is preferable) because I have yet to find an engine sound that I can use for beamng. If anyone has one of these cars, I would appreciate someone uploading a sound file or video of the car idling, revving up, and preferably recorded from outside the car near the engine.
    I will credit the person within a release thread and also a txt file in the mod.
    Thanks.

2. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Hey, could you approve my application for the Impala group? If you ever need license plates, skins, or configs, I'm your guy.

3. Tesla66

Tesla66
    Expand Collapse

What progress do you have? Do you just need audio files?

4. gigawert

gigawert
    Expand Collapse

He already has the jbeam and mesh, he just needs to do polish and yeah the audio.

5. Tesla66

Tesla66
    Expand Collapse

Ok, cool

6. Joeyfuller2000

Joeyfuller2000
    Expand Collapse

So does anyone have a sound clip?

7. gigawert

gigawert
    Expand Collapse

Maybe you can use the new official sounds, they're not bad at all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Chevysilverado3500

Chevysilverado3500
    Expand Collapse

I can get sound clips. I drive an Impala. I sent you a PM, feel free to reply.

9. GTHusky

GTHusky
    Expand Collapse

Just wondering how's the progress. I drive a 2013 Impala LT 3.6 which is still the same gen that you are making. As for sounds, you can use the new V6 sound from the game itself. It's very similar to what my 3.6 DOHC sounds like. If you are doing the 3.5 and 3.9 only, they are a bit rougher since they were pushrods, but the in-game V6 is more than adequate too.

As for recording, I wish I could but I lack a good recording device, and the car is very quiet.

If you need more ref picks in case you decide to add more trims, I can provide as many as you need.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice