1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

I’d like to say something...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IAchievedBacon, Aug 1, 2018.

1. IAchievedBacon

IAchievedBacon
    Expand Collapse

It’s crazy how far the BeamNG devs put their time, effort, and hearts into the game we know and love today. I saw this video last night on the BeamNG YouTube channel and knew that this game was something great for 2012. I just wanted to thank all of the devs for their hard work they put in for our community everyday. :D

• Agree Agree x 38
    • Like Like x 18
    • Staff Pick Staff Pick x 7
  2. Nekkit

Nekkit
    Expand Collapse

Big thanks for everyone who developed that amazing game we all love!

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 3
  3. estama

estama
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

Thank you for the kind words. We all really appreciate them :)

• Like Like x 13
  4. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

I've seen people make amazing mods and get 1-2 staff picks and this dude just wrote some text and got 5...

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Just a way to show appreciation, most of the time other team members do not have the time to have fun with mods. Those who can would.
    Also, it's just imaginary internet points :)

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Team is really incredible, such passion and dedication, they even have patience to answer our questions and even when we get something totally wrong and blame game instead of looking mirror, they still somehow find patience to give advice of correct path.

With such low price one gets all the help from such incredible team, huge amount of game that will last probably more than 10 years as I don't see anything quite like this coming within next 10 years, it is really incredible bargain.

Only one problem, there are small amount of hours in a day!

Big thank you to all from this :)

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
  7. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

"Some text" including very supportive words toward a devteam that rarely gets the recognition they deserve for all their efforts.

Saying thanks might be very simple, but hardly anyone did it before.

• Agree Agree x 16
  8. Car_Killer

Car_Killer
    Expand Collapse
    QA / Mod Support
    BeamNG Team

I remember me playing Rigs of Rods and replaying that video. BeamNG devs made a lot from 2012.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Staff Pick Staff Pick x 1
  9. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

Dude, what's wrong with showing appreciation for the game...
    --- Post updated ---
    @IAchievedBacon, congrats on 1,000 messages! :D

10. DaAppleSquid

DaAppleSquid
    Expand Collapse

for fun I watched all the videos on their YouTube channel. and honestly, lurking these forums for years now. I'm as excited for this game as I ever was. the future looks bright here. I feel they manage their resources in a smart and deliberate way. all round couldn't be happier with the groups of people working on all ends of the simulation.

11. Nyan2Fast4U

Nyan2Fast4U
    Expand Collapse

Heh, as soon as I watched that video, I came here, downloaded the demo, played for a couple minutes and just bought the game, and I'm so glad I did.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. TheDiamondLord8

TheDiamondLord8
    Expand Collapse

I remember I used to watch YBR before I got the game and one day I was like, "ya know, I should try this game!". So I got the demo. And after that came the full game. I want to thank the devs for providing me hours of fun on this game each and every day as it's usually the first thing I do when I sign in to my computer. I love this game.

Also is the main map in the trailer still around? I want to download it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. IAchievedBacon

IAchievedBacon
    Expand Collapse

The game engine is different in the video. That was CryEngine3, while we now have Torque3D. Probably not compatible. I not sure.:p
    But I saw Speirs play this and thought it was so cool, instantly bought the game once I had my own pc.:D

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Acrain7

Acrain7
    Expand Collapse

man, i remember back when i first got the techdemo and thought it was just the coolest thing i'd ever seen. two minutes later i bought the game, and its the only purchase i've never thought of regretting, and the longest-played game in my library. good, no, great work devs! you've made something beautiful here.

• Agree Agree x 8
  15. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

Author of Green Ghost of Selva Rocosa here...

This game has been the best $20 I've ever spent in my life. Seriously, it's amazing how far $20 has gotten me in the past three years and who-knows-how-many hours that I've been playing and writing about this game. I've used BeamNG.drive for so many school projects (mostly for literature, although I did do some journalism based on it), and it's been the basis for my first-ever (and the game's first-ever) fanfiction novel, and my longest story to date, Selva.

Sure, it might not have been especially popular or anything (understandably so), but what's truly important about this story (to me, at least) is that it shows the massive untapped potential that BeamNG has for fanfiction. Unlike most other driving or racing games (which prefer to focus upon one or a few areas of motorsport or a few types of vehicles or a few different maps), BeamNG.drive offers just about anything you could possibly imagine. It's the can to most other offerings' can't. It's where drag racing a city bus against a tiny tricycle is completely possible; where people can build everything from R/C cars to German bomber planes to massive dump trucks and even Merlin V12-engined, six-wheeled, machine-gun-equipped '70s muscle cars; where the ordinary cement mixer or '80s econobox has a chance to become just as entertaining to drive as a supercar or a Japanese sports car.

Honestly, I chose to write Selva instead of making a regular mod not only because I hadn't learned Blender when I started this 55,000-word, 12-chapter monster of a story back in November of 2017 (I've learned quite a bit about using Blender now), but also because in my opinion, BeamNG.drive has always lacked one thing.

A story.

Sure, there are the various reviews, advertisements, and short company histories scattered around the place (and quite a few of them are very good; especially the fabulous '80s-era advertisements by such people as @Wheelie), but in terms of an actual novel-sized story that could perhaps constitute the length of the upcoming career mode were that to be turned into a book? No such thing. When I wrote the first version of Selva in June of 2017, I wanted to find a game that I already had (and/or used) that would work excellently as a base for what I wanted to write about, and BeamNG was it. It had everything I needed; a silly little car (the Pigeon), a few fast '60s-'80s cars (the Miramar/I-Series/Barstow/Moonhawk/Bolide/etc.), a big truck (the T-Series), a big modding community where I can find other vehicle that I would need, decent AI, an acceptable FPS (I'm so glad that BeamNG can run at 20 FPS in full-time; that's what made me go away from Brick Rigs even though that game had multiplayer; my computer couldn't run it nearly as well as BeamNG, as BR needs to be run in 60 FPS for full time, something that my laptop will never do), and a decent variety of vehicles, maps, and props that I would need.

Speaking of vehicles that I would need, the Automation update is honestly my favorite update of all time, and something that I think was seriously needed in BeamNG for a long while. Now, I no longer have to wait around for other people to make cars that I need for my stories (although I still will use them); in as little as 30 minutes, I can have a fully-functioning, semi-realistic vehicle from just about any era and in almost any bodystyle that I want it to be in and it can look exactly how I want it to look and it can have as much power and fuel efficiency as I want/need for that certain vehicle. I still hate making badges on Automation, though.

Between 0.5 (when I bought BeamNG.drive) and now, the game's gone from one of the world's greatest physics simulators to...an even greater physics simulator (with the possibility to drive Automation vehicles inside of it, which helps both games immensely), led by one of the most committed game dev teams I've ever seen. I'm honestly happy that we've finally got the ability to build our own cars much more easily with the new Automation collaboration...and I wish all of you (including the modders who help promote this game) good luck on whatever great things you might be coming up with.

This game is far from dead; it's only just beginning.

-DriftinCovet1987

#15 DriftinCovet1987, Aug 3, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. JonasTMT

JonasTMT
    Expand Collapse

I'm guessing you mean this one:
    https://www.beamng.com/resources/dry-rock-island.1863/
    Other maps maybe are updated but should be ingame.

To stay on topic:
    I want to say some text about me loving this game, but I'm just not good at it, so..
    Thanks all the developers for this amazing game (/simulator), it's very much fun to play or just mess around in, and the level editor, so cool and works fine! And everyone else on this forum, where everyone could ask questions, and get useful awnsers, and I'm glad I sometimes could be the person who gives awnsers. So to sum up, Thanks everyone, espessially the amazing developers!

• Like Like x 1
  17. ToyotaSupraRZ

ToyotaSupraRZ
    Expand Collapse

Playing BeamNG has been the best 210 hours I've spent on a computer. The quality and attention to detail is astounding. To find a game where every car part is perfectly displayed, the driving physics are on point, the crashing physics are even better and the selection of fictional cars is the best in any game I've seen. What's more this game remember the fun little things; electrics, tire marks that stay there, gravity controls, afterfire and a little button that makes your car fall to pieces. The game is constantly updated, has brilliant staff that will always help out, and a fantastic community of modders and forum users that are happy to answer your questions. I'd like to say to the staff, and anyone else who is reading, thanks for improving my life <3

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

TBH BeamNG is the best game I ever played. Not just that the game is amazing, but the community can mod, and create what they want too!
    Probably some of the best hours on a computer for me were 1200 playing BeamNG!

• Agree Agree x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice