How would I go about creating custom models and jbeams for an Automation vehicle?

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by skyeyemx, Feb 16, 2019.

1. skyeyemx

skyeyemx
    Expand Collapse

(I'm fairly new to the community; apologies if I'm breaking any rules here)

I've been lurking around creating some Automation vehicles for quite a while now, however, at this point I'm starting to feel a little limited by Automation. I'd like to begin creating my own mods, using a specific Automation vehicle as a base. Where would I begin?

I understand only the very basics of BeamNG (such as nodes and beams, and how meshes are just visual, etc), and I have some 3D modelling experience in SketchUp. I haven't a clue how to texture or how to create node/beam lattices for a vehicle, and as such I wanna try and use an Automation vehicle as a base. I have read through that one popular forum post about building a vehicle, however it seems to focus on building one entirely from scratch; I feel like I'm not quite ready to tackle that kind of work yet

In specific, what I had in mind as a starting project, is to take my Titan Prerunner (linked below), erase the tailgate, and design a rollcage of some kind over the rear end, to make it seem much more like an actual prerunner

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. corvette81

corvette81
    Expand Collapse

I am no modder so take this with a grain of salt but automation models basically need redoing from scratch to be of any quality in Beamng, they might look ok at first glance but the poly flow isn't ideal nor is the poly count. You may also find it easier to do a jbeam from scratch as afaik there is only one jbeam used in automation mods.

Now as I said I may be wrong but thats my understanding of automation content.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice