1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

How to stage an AI-controlled collision/situation and watch it unfold

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by kot_behemot, Jul 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. kot_behemot

kot_behemot
    Expand Collapse

Hello guys, I'm new here, so I'm sorry if I transgress the guidelines somehow. I tried to look for a comprehensive answer for my question in the forums and FAQ, but couldn't find it.

The thing is: this guys videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/insanegaz - inspired me to do similar experiments in BeamNG.drive myself. What he does, are some nicely staged road situations, which he shows in a very cinematic manner, from many points of view. My main focus is not his impressive camera work, but to be able to stage similar collisions and watch them from a convenient spot, preferably in slow motion.

From his videos it appears that it's somehow possible to make AI cars follow specifics paths and collide in a nicely planned manner. But as far as I reasearched the topic, it appears that manual AI mode is not implemented yet and other modes are pretty random. There's also this script: http://www.beamng.com/threads/waypoints-paths-for-cars-v1-0-7.2947/ but apparently it's "old and unsupported". So my question is as in the topic: what is the best/easiest method to stage some AI-controlled collisions and watch them unfold from a custom camera spot. Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Twitch Axis

Twitch Axis
    Expand Collapse

Well, if you want a staged collision, the best way to do so may not be through AI. If you have two vehicles, find a straight path, and then accelerate in the car. Keep accellerating, and then switch to the other car and do the same, except actually control this car and drive it into the other car. you can make the automatically controlled car do turns and stuff if you hold down the buttons you want. If you want slow motion, Press ALT+UP to make it slower and ALT+DOWN to make it normal. Here's a video tutorial-​

Attached Files:

#2 Twitch Axis, Jul 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
  3. kot_behemot

kot_behemot
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for help man. This looks pretty random, but it'll suffice if there is no better way. But I think that the devs should add some tools for staging collisions in a more controlled manner.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice