1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

How to remove contactors

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by TheFastRacer, Oct 31, 2013.

1. TheFastRacer

TheFastRacer
    Expand Collapse

I am terribly sorry if this has been asked before, and yes I searched.

It turned out my PC has trouble running one car. I have about 20 FPS but when I press J to deactivate my car, my FPS gets up to 50. So, in RoR it was possible to remove contactors. Is this possible with the BNG cars, too? Most of the time I am just cruising around with one car.

2. Miura

Miura
    Expand Collapse

You can try setting "collision":false or "selfCollision":false for the nodes and see if it helps with performance. "collision" is the node colliding with submesh triangles in other vehicles, collision meshes and ground. "selfCollision" is submesh triangles in the same vehicle. So you probably won't get as much improvement as in RoR without also making the vehicle go through everything..

Since the settings are per node, you'll usually find lots of those lines in the jbeams. If you want to test with no collision, try opening all the jbeams in a vehicle in Notepad++, then replace in all opened files ("collision":true to "collision":false). Just keep the tire collision on, then it should still be drivable.

3. TheFastRacer

TheFastRacer
    Expand Collapse

Ok thanks, but then my vehicle won't collide with walls and stuff anymore :( I prefer to play with 25 FPS then. Thanks anyway, I just need to get a good PC then...

4. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

If the framerate is going up when you pause physics, it means you dont have a powerful enough processor. If your using a desktop PC then it may be possible to upgrade.

5. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

When you open options, make sure postfx are off. They use a lot of power and don't make the game look that much better.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice