How to make Time Trials?

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by zakappowany, Jan 11, 2019.

1. zakappowany

zakappowany
    Expand Collapse

Hi,
    I would like to make a time trial in Nordschleife map. Could you help me at making that? (because I don't know how to do that)

2. RyvyLo

RyvyLo
    Expand Collapse

Hey,

The wiki has a lot of documentation on how to make a time trial, you can check it out here : https://wiki.beamng.com/Quickplay
    The best way to make a time trial is to copy files from other time trials and adapt them to your case.

Also, if this time trial is just for you and you just want the checkpoints and a way to time yourself around a track, you can bring up the Hotlapping app in freeroam, and with the advanced menu you should be able to place checkpoints and time yourself around the map in very little time.

3. zakappowany

zakappowany
    Expand Collapse

What exactly meant your answer "adapt them to your case" What should I do?

4. RyvyLo

RyvyLo
    Expand Collapse

You take an existing time trial somewhere, then you copy the timeTrialName.json and timeTrialName.prefab file to the quickrace folder of your map (if folder doesn't exist create one). Then rename the files with your new time trial name (yourNewTimeTrialName.json and yourNewTimeTrialName.prefab). You can then open the .json file with a text editor and edit the fields with your corresponding information (see what each field means in the wiki link I sent you).
    Then you can launch BeamNG, and basically follow from step 2 this tutorial : https://www.beamng.com/threads/introduction-to-scenarios-creation.14700/

5. zakappowany

zakappowany
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for help!

6. V1rginie

V1rginie
    Expand Collapse

If you are still wondering, I made a tutorial on this subject:

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice