How to make gauge cluster a separate mod

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by STERFRY333, Feb 5, 2020.

1. STERFRY333

STERFRY333
    Expand Collapse

I've already completed my re texture of a gauge cluster. I now need to make it a separate cluster so it doesn't replace the default one. I'm new to modding so I'm not to sure how I would go about doing it. Basically all I did was retexture all 4 of the gauge dds files for the ibishu hopper. (I've included a picture of it)

Any examples and help would be nice.

Attached Files:

• IMG_20200204_225356.jpg
  2. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

Do you still want the original to be able to select after your mod is in the mods folder ? In that case you will have to create an additional
    slot for it. If you just want to have the original when your mod is inactive I would try this :
    keep the name of your dds files exactly as original, put them into a map called 'hopper' (that's the name for the Hopper right?),
    put that map in a map called 'vehicles', pack into zip, give zip a name and put in mods folder, see what happens.. :)
    If it works you should have the original when you disable your mod, again if you want both at the same time you will have to create
    an additional slot for your new cluster.

3. STERFRY333

STERFRY333
    Expand Collapse

Yes that is what I did and it works! It has 2 separate variants (km/h and MPH) but I don't know how to be able select one or the other, for now they will just be 2 separate mods.

4. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

Ah ! I see where you are going ! You will have to create slots for them ! :)

5. STERFRY333

STERFRY333
    Expand Collapse

Can a have kmh and mph in 3 different folders or will I have to name each .dds file differently? (Example, hopper_gauges_km.dds/hopper_gauges_mph.dds)

6. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

Yes you have to name the dds files differently just like you mentioned. I don't know how many vanillas have different gauge options
    but as I'm currently working on an ETKi based mod I can advice you to take a look at the ETKi's files. There are slots for different
    gauge skins. The slots are to be found in the etki.jbeam and the materials need to be set in the skin_materials.json .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice