How to make a realistic torque curve?

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by vmlinuz, May 12, 2019.

1. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

I am thinking of making a 6.0L gasoline-powered V8 for the Grand Marshal, because the 5.5 just doesn't cut it. It will use SOHC and throttle-body injection, just like the others. How do I do this realistically? How much power do I get by going from a 335 to a 366?

2. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I'm usually trying to find real world torque curve, then use spreadsheet to account for friction losses and make it all into game numbers.

For engine size increase, if you have Automation, you could make two different sized identical engines and check difference in torque curve, that is going to be pretty accurate as such change Automation can create quite well even with some engines low end torque or max torque rpm can be off, for some engines it is spot on.

If you don't have automation, then it is bit more tricky, if everything is same and engine size is only difference, then you might be able to get away with linear per cubic inch increase without anyone noticing, lowering rpm by 100 or 200 for example for max rpm and peak torque rpm, but that is bit cheating as there is so much more affecting power and torque, like stroke bore ratio etc.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

Done. I have now added the torque curve for my 6.0 stroker, essentially a gasoline conversion of the diesel V8.

Now, how do I make the idle louder?

#3 vmlinuz, May 13, 2019
    Last edited: May 13, 2019
  4. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I think hitting ctrl+f9 in game and choosing audio tool would be best way to get sound parameters which you like best, then just write those values down and put into your engine's sound config.

5. sjbphoto

sjbphoto
    Expand Collapse

Yeah i think there is a sub slot that allows you do change idle gain on its own, I’ll have to get back to you when I’m home tho. I love that pfp tho lol.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice