How to import props/object from other map to another ?

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Ulrich, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Ulrich

Ulrich
    Expand Collapse

Hello !

So I make a map on the base Of gridmap,
    I need import the lighthouse from Jri and the tunnel from small Island USA, I don't know how, but by taking files from other map I have successful import some "Prefabs" Object, but nothing else ...

Someone know how I can do that ?

#1 Ulrich, Apr 13, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  2. bobby_boulgat

bobby_boulgat
    Expand Collapse

normally, you have just to take the modelisations (.dae) and the textures associated from these maps and put them into your building folder ( i don't know how it's classed ). Maybe do a copy/paste of the text lines about these objets, from the material.cs file of these maps into your material file, if he exists. Eventually check also the file "yourmap".MIS, to see if the ways are good.
    After, in the editor of your map, open library, shape, building, and normally it's here
    think to erase the cache folder occasionelly

if someone want to correct me if i'm wrong, he can. I hope i helped you

3. DoullPepper

DoullPepper
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

You are right but you also must change the path of textures in the material.cs, example :

- originale path : "levels/jungle_rock_island/art/shapes/buildings/old_stone_wall_d.dds"
    - and your path : "levels/UlrichouMap/art/shapes/buildings/old_stone_wall_d.dds

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Ulrich

Ulrich
    Expand Collapse

Thanks guys‚ I'm not at home‚ but I would try.

5. Eldigan

Eldigan
    Expand Collapse

When looking in the material.cs files with imposter cannot be found in material.cs, what do i do to fix this issue?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice