1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

How to Import a Reference Mesh in Node Beam Editor

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Cincinnatus, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Cincinnatus

Cincinnatus
    Expand Collapse

Hi, I'm new to jbeaming and I was wondering how I can import a refence mesh into Node Beam Editor. When I press file>Import reference mesh from OBJ and try to import a OBJ, nothing happens. This is the program I'm using: https://github.com/RORMasa/NodeBeamEditor

2. Cincinnatus

Cincinnatus
    Expand Collapse

So... no one knows?

3. carsmin

carsmin
    Expand Collapse

bruh.
    wait

4. Cincinnatus

Cincinnatus
    Expand Collapse

wait what?

5. crashmaster

crashmaster
    Expand Collapse

if you did export a 3d model in a .obj file and you are trying to import that in NBEditor, it should work, BUT!
    I did encounter a thing once where the model i exported was exported thru a modified scale, which made my object 100 times bigger then needed.
    If this is what is happening to you, if you are using blender, while exporting the model, you will need to modify the scale value.
    upload_2020-11-16_0-8-24.png
    if the model is 100 times bigger like it was for me, then you should put 0.01 for scale instead

Make sure to do a CTRL+A in blender and apply all transform to make sure the object isnt exporting thru a modifier that would somehow transform its shape.
    upload_2020-11-16_0-10-8.png

NBEditor is a bit of a pain to use. but its a really good visual aid if thats all you need to mod jbeam.
    you cannot see too far in the editor itself. so if a model is too large or too far away from the middle of the scene, chances are you probably wont even be able to see it.

Hopefully this is enough to help you to import a model in NBEditor.

6. Cincinnatus

Cincinnatus
    Expand Collapse

Thanks! It works.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice