1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

How to deal with the lag in the altitude map

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by 147689, Jan 29, 2016.

1. 147689

Expand Collapse

I'm not sure if this belongs in this part of the forum, but I will tell how to deal with the lag in the altitude map. Now I play beamng with an Intel Core I5 Laptop and I get extremely bad lag on low graphics settings
    Step 1: If you are using a laptop, plug your power cord in if possible
    Step 2: Move your cursor to the start button and right click the start button, then click control panel (this works in windows 8 and 10, but windows 10 has a new control panel, this is a way to access the old control panel)
    Step 3: Go to power/battery settings and make sure your power settings are set to high performance
    Step 4: Press Control+Shift+Esc to open task manager and close out any other programs that would be eating up CPU usage
    Step 5: Open up beamng, but don't load up the altitude map just yet
    Step 6: Go to options and set the graphics settings to lowest and set dynamic reflection to OFF and make sure the FPS limiter is OFF
    Step 7: Load up Altitude
    Step 8: Spawn a car that has body colored bumpers or plastic bumpers (usually black bumpers), then press Control+W, go to the color tab and set the first color option chromeyness to very non chrome and voila you might have better FPS (maybe, worked with me anyway)

If you have an I7, you might have to set your grahpics settings to medium, or if you have an Intel Xeon Processor, then you should be fine with highest settings

If you have to, then add more RAM to your computer, but doing this will void your warranty if you have it, but an I3 will not beable to handle altitude, but it would be able to handle other maps

Attached Files:

• options 2.JPG
    • options.JPG
  2. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

You are aware that the CPU has nothing to do with how your GPU handles the graphics, right?

• Like Like x 2
  3. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

So basically you have posted computing 101. Close programs and make sure you are in high power = better performance, idiots do otherwise.

Then all your tech advice at the end is totally wrong.

• Like Like x 2
  4. NaxNir

NaxNir
    Expand Collapse

This has nothing to do with the altitude map, plus, most of the info is wrong anyway

You can't be serious. First of all, the CPU doesn't affect graphics at all. Second of all, i7s would generally be better for BeamNG.drive than a Xeon since i7s have better single-core performance.

lol

#4 NaxNir, Jan 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  5. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

Clearly this person doesnt understand the differences between a CPU and a GPU

I entirely agree with you the person posting is like me ENTIRELY WRONG INFORMATION....

Shall we ignore them?

• Like Like x 2
  6. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

Wat

• Like Like x 4
  7. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

I know seriously this person @147689 must be a fool to understand that you dont play BeamNG Drive on a laptop because thats a babys toy...you play it on a more MANLY Gaming computer!

8. NaxNir

NaxNir
    Expand Collapse

Stop bragging about your supercomputer! :p

9. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

Oh for god sake xD, but hey at least your computer is more MANLY than their so called "Gaming" Laptop, hell my old Worfdale powered computer was more manly than that laptop xD

• Like Like x 2
  10. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

I can summarise it in one word.

Imbecile.

Or child, I have long suspected @147689 to be around age 10.

11. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

With English like that I am saying your slightly incorrect I would say probably around 16 with extremely limited technical experience and know how of what is actually going on inside a computer

12. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

No, his other posts and the fact my 8 year old sister can match him for english.

13. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

Ah now thats using very good observational skills :) very good ones indeed :)

14. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

There's people in my class which could write something like this, so I'd say he's between 10 and 14 years old.

• Like Like x 1
  15. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

ah okay but seriously they should learn about PCs first...

16. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

God bless you fellow laptop hater... Laptops are great for 600$ solitaire game on the go for a rich woman who can't be bothered with a desk of cards because they're "out of touch" outside the bingo hall.
    I don't feel bad for those people who buy these 2ghz core-whatever laptops and think they're getting anything even close to 50% of the power of a desktop. It's not a PC, it's a laptop, if you want a (desktop) PC, buy or build a tower. OEM's are cut-down to begin with, laptops...just...suck. It's like "Heres a computer but if you modify it at all - if you even CAN - or it breaks - it's done". I7 with ASUS logos all over FTW makes sure you have a happy Beam game without the poor thing yellin "Mercy".

17. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

Laptops also get dusty and perform half ad good as new in the first year, tend to have motherboard, bettery, and charger issues more often then nessavary and have to be restore what can only be described as constantly.

18. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

I know I wanna say "Oh you run BeamNG Drive on a laptop....well...Laptop inferior person Ascend to Godhood with a PC!"

I know my phone does better FreeCell than anything else!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice