1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

How to buy BeamNG

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MattC4, May 19, 2019.

1. MattC4

MattC4
    Expand Collapse

Hi everyone
    I am new to the forum and I want to get BeamNG because right now I can only play it at my friends's house because he bought it.
    I can see that there is 2 way to buy, a humble bundle and a steam one and the humble one is more inexpensive, but is there any advantage of the other? or it is the same?
    Any tip will be appreciated
    sorry for the very bad english i am not from United states
    Thanks

2. JsZ

JsZ
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

First of all, welcome to the forums. Your English is fine, no need to worry about that :)
    I got BeamNG from the Humble Bundle, I don't think there is any difference between that and the Steam version
    I would recommend getting it from the Humble Bundle because it is cheaper and it includes a steam key as well as a zip download which I use.
    But it is up to you to decide, that is only my suggestion.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

At the same time, you may get more help with the steam version as that's the most common in the forums, but that's more or less specific. But as far as I know, they aren't very different.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. loba04

loba04
    Expand Collapse

if you whait notable periods of the year the steam release is cheaper. School will end in 3 weeks so i would suggest to wait a little more

5. Tuner from America

Tuner from America
    Expand Collapse

The only difference that I can find is that on steam you cant easily access older versions of the game, as if you hate Italy / the ESBR for some reason :confused:. But both of them have their perks

6. 98crownvic

98crownvic
    Expand Collapse

Either works just fine. I use Humble Bundle because I didn’t have Steam at the time. It’s really up to you, there are no major differences.

7. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

I would recommend not getting the DRM free version as it makes updating the game far more difficult.

As far as I know if you purchase the game on humble bundle you can get a steam key to activate the game on steam, and therefore recieve auto-updates :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Steam or Humble Bundle, you get the same product, no differences.
    The price difference is due the stores themselves.
    Humble Bundle comes with both DRM-Free versions (in case you don't use Steam), and a key to redeem the game on Steam.

Note that the DRM-Free version needs to be updated manually, while Steam keep games updated automatically:
    https://wiki.beamng.com/Updating_the_game

• Agree Agree x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice