Unsolved How to add textures to trees

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by Danny Werewolf, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

I really love playing on Rally Forest, and the trees there ("douglasfir") really add something. I was hoping to add that to my map. I was able to put them into Documents\BeamNG.drive\levels\rallystage\art\shapes\trees\trees_douglasfir but I don't know how to add textures to them.

2. DePains

DePains
    Expand Collapse

What do you have in the Documents\BeamNG.drive\levels\rallystage\art\shapes\trees\trees_douglasfir ?
    Just the 3d model (.dae ?)

If you copied the folder from an official map, you'd also have .dds (textures) and a material.cs file. You have to edit the path for dds files in the material.cs file (to the "levels\rallystage\art\shapes\trees\trees_douglasfir" folder) and you should be good to add those models (the dae) into the forest editor (add mesh).

3. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

I copied the "trees_douglasfir" folder from Rally Forest, as I am taking a ton of inspiration from that map.
    https://www.beamng.com/resources/rally-forest.44/

I do have .dds files in there, but the .cs file in Rally Forest is called "ManagedItemData.cs". I'm guessing they work the same way, so I'll try to edit those paths.

Issa Work. I feel accomplished...
    --- Post updated ---
    3rd update FFS. I really want to know how to fix the LOD's for the Tree's. Again, I added all the files and most of the routes for the trees, so idk what's missing from the LOD textures being missing...

#3 Danny Werewolf, Jan 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice