Unsolved How to add a configuration to a mod

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by SevenToaster509, Aug 24, 2021.

1. SevenToaster509

SevenToaster509
    Expand Collapse

i wanna make a configuration for my mod so people dont have to put it in manually from the part selector

2. S.Ali.M

S.Ali.M
    Expand Collapse

When you finished making config, go to Save & Load tab, write the name of your config, click at Save button to save the config.
    Btw, when you click at save, the game automatically generates a thumbnail for it (the pic that shows up in the vehicle selector). If the thumbnail wasn't good, move the camera (in free mode) and click at overwrite, until the game generated a good thumbnail.
    Next, close the game. Go to USERNAME/AppData/Local/BeamNG.drive/0.23/vehicles/THE_VEHICLE_NAME. Then you should see the .pc file and the .jpg file of the config. Copy them. Next, in your mod file, go to vehicles/THE_VEHICLE_NAME. Paste the .pc and .jpg file.
    Btw, you can add an info file to your config but it's not really needed (you can write description, performance class, 0-100 KM/H etc with info file). If you wanna add these to your config, lemme know to teach you how to add info file

• Like Like x 1
  3. SevenToaster509

SevenToaster509
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, but I cannot see it in the vehicle selector.

4. S.Ali.M

S.Ali.M
    Expand Collapse

In the options > User Interface there should be an option called "show custom configuration" or smth

#4 S.Ali.M, Aug 24, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  5. SevenToaster509

SevenToaster509
    Expand Collapse

Hi, thanks for the help. Really appreciate it, however it's in user interface. Have a great day you have helped me a lot!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice