How many of you have a classic?

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by Faction54, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Dunkleosteus

Dunkleosteus
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Oh yeah, here are the Ford trucks. Myself and the license plates are censored out.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

My license plates say classic vehicle, so that makes it a classic, right?

• Like Like x 4
  3. IvelinV8

IvelinV8
    Expand Collapse

I have a red Lada 2105 1300S.
    Sorry for no pictures, my phone is being repaired, but I have it as a profile picture.
    It does count? (Started production in 1980)
    It had been sitting in one place for 10 years, luckily in a garage.
    First start was this year in late summer.
    Wasn't too bad- the distributor was dirty, but once we cleaned it, it started almost first try.
    It was a bit funny when it was trying to move- the rear wheels were locked so bad, on one side the brake pads came off the brake shoes(drum brakes).
    Then we changed the clutch master cylinder, oil, exhaust end and fuel probe.
    The gas pedal is pretty sensitive, changes gears smoothly. Only problem is rust- you can put your hand trough the bottom of the rear right panel.

What do you think of me getting another one and swapping in a 1UZ/3UZ(mine is gonna be restored, as it has great sentimental value to me) ? Nice sleeper?

• Like Like x 2
  4. amarks240

amarks240
    Expand Collapse

An engine swapped lada? I approve of this message. I've never laid eyes on a lada, but if you can find the engine mounts and someone makes the appropriate axels than have at it. ultimate sleeper for sure.

5. IvelinV8

IvelinV8
    Expand Collapse

there are: 900+HP 2107 (VQ35DETT), 400HP 2104(SR20DET), CA18DET 2104 and there's that polish BMW V8 2107 which got sold recently.
    Well, for a first car I am thinking of swapping in a Turbo 1.8 MX-5 engine as money is gonna be a problem.
    And eastern europe doesn't have many 200sx/skylines and generally tunable engines. We have many BMWs(mostly 316/318 e36), but they are mostly driven by gypsies and assholes and I don't want anything in common with them(nothing against BMW tho, just the people driving it here).

6. Peterbilt

Peterbilt
    Expand Collapse

Hmm, I think I just had an idear!

How big is a Lada? I've never seen one personally, Could I persuade an SBC to fumble its way into there? Stick a TH400 behind it and a 12BGM and let the shenanigans ensue.

• Like Like x 1
  7. JetPoweredMacintosh™

JetPoweredMacintosh™
    Expand Collapse

i don't currently have an pics of my 2001 ranger (CLASSIC SO VALUBLE), but it looks like this(i know it's an edge, i don't have an edge...:() : 2001_ford_ranger_edge.jpg and here is what it MIGHT look like when i'm done 20253-1-2001-ranger-ford-suspension-lift-7-fuel-maverick-black-aggressive-1-outside-fender.jpg

8. lukerules117

lukerules117
    Expand Collapse

How is a 2001 a classic? Thats almost new by my standards and since when has this become the "what do you want to do with your kinda old cars" thread

• Like Like x 1
  9. JetPoweredMacintosh™

JetPoweredMacintosh™
    Expand Collapse

i know i just wanted to show it off xD

10. amarks240

amarks240
    Expand Collapse

Take it easy hotshot.
    Let's talk about s10 swaps. vtec v10 baby.

11. Peterbilt

Peterbilt
    Expand Collapse

SBC S10 swaps are easy peasy. Big blocks are little more involved, notching the frame in sixteen different places for the fuel pump, exhaust, power steering pump, cutting the front frame horns off so you can drop the radiator down low enough so the hood can shut.

But we've done it.

Vtec V10? Huh, whaaaa?

12. Car8john

Car8john
    Expand Collapse

I wish...

13. Wild Hog

Wild Hog
    Expand Collapse

#93 Wild Hog, Dec 9, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2023
  14. Faction54

Faction54
    Expand Collapse

That counts :)
    I have legit never seen a Lada in my entire life...

15. IvelinV8

IvelinV8
    Expand Collapse

here are some pics:
    -Here it's been sitting from 2004(2006 last driven)
    DSC_0078_2.jpg
    -The old rusted end exhaust(we changed it with an almost new one):
    DSC_1087.jpg
    -also the old clutch master(or is it slave?) cylinder which had gone. And that had been replaced:
    DSC_1091.jpg
    -after wash:
    DSC_1092_2.jpg
    -cleaned the engine:
    DSC_1096.jpg

What it needs is to be driven and rust repair(we did change the oil, the underside looked okay)- all the panels- front quarter, rear quarter and sills.
    Mechanically it's in great condition.
    Problem is that it's 300+km away and that's why progress is gonna be slow(literally none during winter)

• Like Like x 2
  16. enjoyinorc6742

enjoyinorc6742
    Expand Collapse

1982 Ford F-100 300ci (4.9L) i6 with a 3 speed. has body rust but it's a good truck. used to be 3 on the tree as well

17. CRE84FUN

CRE84FUN
    Expand Collapse

As i mentioned in the thread "pretties cars ever", I have a 1968 Volvo Amazon Wagon. Also known as the Volvo P220 outside scandinavia. It´s not in the best shape, it got some rust and it definitely needs some work. And like most old cars there are things to fix, like a new clutch and som new springs. But it runs and stops at least. Even though t might not be the safest of cars, I certainly think it´s a beautiful car. And since it´s a wagon and have a tow hitch it´s surprisingly usefull. The 75hp 4cyl might not be able to pull the heaviest of loads, but it´s not totally powerless for such an old car :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

I know this is random, but I am sitting at work right now and that part that you are holding there... my company makes a part that is almost identical to that. We make millions of them a year. Although, oddly, they are to hold in the fuel injectors on some diesel engine of some sort :D

Just thought it was pretty neat is all.

Anyways, so I don't derail this topic, I currently have (car wise), from newest to oldest, a 1995 Subaru Impreza, a 1988 Ford Mustang, a 1984 Chevy Corvette, a 1981 Chevy K10, and a 1976 Chevy Corvette... Yea, I have a problem when it comes to buying cars... I can't control myself :p

• Like Like x 1
  19. Faction54

Faction54
    Expand Collapse

Wow. That's alot of cars.

20. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

Yea, I have a problem... would you believe the list was longer only about 3 months ago? I had a 94 F-150 and a 92 Ford Mustang as well but I sold them.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice