1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

How is wheeltorque calculated?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Bob PD830, May 24, 2017.

1. Bob PD830

Bob PD830
    Expand Collapse

I don't understand how wheeltorque is calculated in the engine debug app. With a manual transmission put in direct gear (1:1) it is equal to or just less than engine torque in all vehicles. It should be 3 times more than that from the torque increase through the diff. Im assuming its an addition of the torque at each wheel.

2. Goosah

Goosah
    Expand Collapse
    Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

It appears the app was not updated to match the new powertrain system correctly, it is reading gearbox output torque instead of summing the wheel torques.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. Bob PD830

Bob PD830
    Expand Collapse

Ok hopefully its fixed next update. I am trying to figure out why the semi is so underpowered. I drive them in real life and I can tell something is off. Power is about right below 30 mph but at 60 there is half of what there should be. It is better this update, but I think rolling resistance is still too high.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice