1. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

How do I use the Thumbnail Generator Properly?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by YellowRusty, Oct 24, 2018.

Tags:
  1. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

Okay, so I'm currently trying to release a mod pack of several skins. Before I do that, I'd like to create a thread for troubleshooting and discussion of the mod.

I'd like to have a nice picture of each skin, so that I can label them and identify them by name within the thread itself so that players downloading the mod can quickly find their favorite skin. Because I may add to the mod at a later date, I'd like those pictures to be consistent and easily replicable.

I thought that the thumbnail generator would be a useful tool, but I hit a snag.

I created a .pc file of the first skin and ran it through the thumbnail generator as a test:
    Skin_example_garage_side.png
    It worked, so I created the other eleven .pc files and restarted the thumbnail generator.

Unfortunately, every subsequent attempt has only taken pictures of complete configurations, leaving .pc files behind. At first I thought this was unusual, given that the system had already taken pictures of .pc files/incomplete configurations from both my own mod and other mods installed to my game.

Can anybody tell me if there is something I'm doing wrong, or if this is a bug? Are there any workarounds I might try?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Redo that and check/upload the log here, there may be something there.

3. AgentMooshroom5

AgentMooshroom5
    Expand Collapse

Do you have custom configurations enabled in the vehicle selector? I've found that it takes thumbnails of everything that shows up in the configurations menu, so if your pc files aren't showing up in the menu then it won't take thumbnails with them. With custom configurations turned off the only way to have them show up is to have an info file linked to them, in this case these other configurations may not have any info files, which is why they are not working.
    Also, you can turn on stay on current map and go on a map like the Photoroom Light to have thumbnails that are more consistent with the stock ones.

4. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

I think (but am not certain) that these are the logs that you are looking for:
    --- Post updated ---
    If it helps any, these are the files after clearing the cache and re-attempting:

Um - unfortunately, the forums blended several posts made almost hours apart into one. As a result, I accidentally deleted the files that were created before I cleared the cache.
    --- Post updated ---
    That's what did it in the end:
    Skin_example_04.png Skin_example_09.png Skin_example_06.png

Although it still puzzles me why it picked up on vehicles that weren't in the configurations menu the first time around. I didn't have custom configurations enabled at that point … so why were pictures taken? :confused:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice