How do I move/combine these partitions?

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by Mr.Blueboy, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Mr.Blueboy

Mr.Blueboy
    Expand Collapse

I was wondering how on earth do I move/combine these two partitions together. I want to expand OS patition, but I can't.
    It still won't work even if I make that smaller one into a partition. I want to move the 160 Gb partition to the OS partion.

Attached Files:

• Screenshot8_LI.jpg
  2. PriusRepellent

PriusRepellent
    Expand Collapse

A Linux live disk or USB would allow you to do that. Windows has a partition manager, but it isn't as good as what Linux has. In particular, I prefer GParted for partition software as its never failed me.

Or you can get GParted itself on a live disk or USB:
    https://gparted.org/download.php

3. MASKED REPTILIAN

MASKED REPTILIAN
    Expand Collapse

have you got TeamViewer can i help you

4. Mr.Blueboy

Mr.Blueboy
    Expand Collapse

So if I combine partitions, will it likely remove data? I have a 3.5 in HDD I could back up to just in case, but I don't have an adapter though....:confused:
    --- Post updated ---
    Update: The 150 Gb partition was taken up by linux, so I got rid of that, then I right clicked on the OS partition, and expanded it. I did this in the windows partition manager. I think I will install Linux on an external USB drive instead. Now I have over 900 Gb space now! :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice