How do I make thrusters work?

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Valhallatchaboy, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Valhallatchaboy

Valhallatchaboy
    Expand Collapse

Sorry if this is the wrong thread, but the new layout of the forums is confusing.

I am trying to put thrusters on every car because, why not? I can not get the formula down for it. Can ya'll help?

2. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

You would need to edit the jbeam file for where you want the thruster. Usually, you want these for turbo, so you'd be editing the main jbeam file.

*please read to the end of this to avoid overwriting stock files*

The main jbeam files are located at : C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\BeamNG.drive\content\vehicles\<vehicleName>.zip\<vehicleName>\<vehicleName>.jbeam

Once in here, you'll want to create a new section called "thrusters", like so :

Code:
        "thrusters": [      
            ["id1:", "id2:"],
            {"factor": 2500},
            {"thrustLimit": 14500},
            {"control": "T"}, 

["frontNode", "backNode"],   
        ],
    Ingame, press L to get to the node debug modes, then find a front and back node for the thruster. Once you have found nodes that seem suitable, place them in that thrusters section.

Once that is done, save your file as a mod like so : Documents\BeamNG.drive\mods\vehicles\<vehicleName>\<original file name e.x. coupe.jbeam>

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice