How do I import objects to another map.

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Rainvest, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

I want to add houses from ECA to Utah and I can't find that thread about it. I know the textures and whatnot are not linked so I want to know how to transport the textures.

2. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

You need to import the maps assets into the documents folder of your created level. That will allow you to use all of its textures, forest items, assets and roads. If you are going to create a map dont just leave all the assets in the mals files. Delete the ones you didnt use. Its incredibly annoying when you see people making grip map size maps and the file size is larger than 150mb because they imported all of gridmaps assets and somestuff from others. Its shows a lack of effort put in by the map maker.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

This, basically copy all the relevant files to your "art" folder in the right spot, and open up the materials.cs for every subfolder that is necessary, and change the directory to match your map. For example if your map folder name is "dankmap" then change the line where it references the texture from "levels/east_coast_usa/art/shapes/eca/whatever.png" to "levels/dankmap/art/shapes/eca/whatever.png". It's been a while since I've done this but I'm sure you'll figure it out.

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice