Solved How do I get the new powertrain system to work?

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by RORCAT, Jan 10, 2018.

1. RORCAT

RORCAT
    Expand Collapse

Hi, I've been trying to figure out how to update my Wheelson 4x buggy to the new powertrain system.
    My problem is, every time I try to change out the old engine for the new powertrain system, my vehicle wont load.

2. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

What errors console shows up?

I don't know if you have seen already these links, but just in case:
    https://wiki.beamng.com/0.8_Add-on_Mod_Conversion_Guide This is when converting old mods

https://wiki.beamng.com/Powertrain This is current information of new system

3. RORCAT

RORCAT
    Expand Collapse

Yes, I've seen those links.

Here's the error it's giving.

beamng.png
    I got it to where it will load but has no engine or brakes.
    If anyone wants to have a go at fixing, here's the zip file

I would really appreciate some help.
    Thanks!

Attached Files:

4. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

You need powertrain section for rear suspension too, differential has to be new powertrain type and you need to tell where power comes for differential, for example you can setup shaft that gets power from gearbox and diff gets power from shaft. You can also omit the shaft and have gearbox directly connected to differential, but differential has to then have powertrain section where it is described where power to differential comes from, which would be gearbox in that case.

Check driveshaft and differential section of official vehicles.

Then comment out sections you don't use, for example flexbody sections etc. just put // in front of lines you want to comment out, you have lot of sections that don't have anything in them. You don't necessarily need beams and nodes for powertrain, try to get it to work first before using those.

Then it would make things easier if you would replace all beamng words with Wheelson4x, it gets bit confusing with example names.

Essentially what is missing is power to wheels, you have old differential section in suspension_R which you need to replace with a new one, that might get it working.

You have "gearboxNode:":"tra1", but you don't seem to have node named tra1, so try commenting that out too.

Also you have Barstow_flywheel but then you have Wheelson4x_flywheel, make sure you have set vehicle to use correct one.

That was at least what I quickly could see, but I didn't have time for any proper testing, but perhaps that helps you to right direction in finding out what is missing link.

5. RORCAT

RORCAT
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for replying, I've tried everything you said.
    I've copied the Hatch powertrain, got the engine to working, just can't get it to move now. It freewheels when you rev it in gear.

Can anyone take a look and help me figure it out? I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Attached Files:

6. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Okay, looks like you have a diff that gets power from driveshaft, but you don't have part called driveshaft, change line 1495 of your engine file to this:
    ["differential", "differential_R", "gearbox", 1, {"diffType":"locked", "gearRatio":2.83, "lockTorque":20000, "friction":8}]

I replaced driveshaft with gearbox so now power comes directly from gearbox to diff. Your vehicle looks such that it does not use driveshaft, so that should be correct.

You can also diagnose powertrain issues with powertrain app, just add it from apps menu:
    upload_2018-1-15_23-50-26.png

7. RORCAT

RORCAT
    Expand Collapse

OK, It works!
    Thanks, I really appreciate the help...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice