How do i fix a plug for a belt sander??!

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by supra4life, Feb 26, 2019.

1. supra4life

supra4life
    Expand Collapse

My 2 prong plug on my belt sander broke yesterday and I dont know if I can fix it. The two metal prongs got bent and then ripped out of the actual plug part. I have tried using sauter to put them back in but it does not work. Does anyone know how I can cut of the plug and put a whole new one on or is the whole belt sander ruined for good? i reall dont want it to be ruined. The whole plug part where the prongs went in got melted by the sauter and I dont thik there is any hope of putting the same prongs back in. :(:confused: I might get some pics of it and put them here shortly in the next hour. Sorry can’t get pictures to load

#1 supra4life, Feb 26, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  2. SquarebodyChevy

SquarebodyChevy
    Expand Collapse

You can cut off the end and put a replacement on. Any hardware store should have them.

3. supra4life

supra4life
    Expand Collapse

Ok, how simple/difficult would it be to attatch the new end? Would you use sauter and electrical tape? Im a noob when it comes to replacing plugs XD

4. SquarebodyChevy

SquarebodyChevy
    Expand Collapse

Not very hard. You do not use solder or electrical tape. Here’s a video showing how to do it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. supra4life

supra4life
    Expand Collapse

Thankyou!:)

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice