1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

How can you update your mod changes in real time?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by IvanGF14, Jun 12, 2018.

1. IvanGF14

IvanGF14
    Expand Collapse

Hi, im creating a new mod and i discovered that you can no longer update your changes on the files in real time (i mean, im working on a car mod, and you cant have the files on a folder inside the vehicles folder like some versions ago, now you must have them inside a zip file to load the mod ingame) So, is there a way to update the changes in real time? Because now you need to close the game, save the changes on the zip archive and load the game again, instead of reloading the vehicle like before, which is a pain for modding. Or maybe i am missing something? Thanks in advance for the help :)

2. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

It should work, just have files here Documents\BeamNG\vehicles\yourmodname or Documents\BeamNG\vehicles\vanillacontentname\yourmodname and when you hit ctrl+r it reloads everything, except materials.cs, for changes of that to work, you must exit level and then reload level.

If you have zip in mod folder and vehicle in vehicles folder, nothing works, same if you have same files, so make sure you don't have files that you don't intend to have.

3. IvanGF14

IvanGF14
    Expand Collapse

Well, i put my mod folder on this path
    and it worked. But before it would work neither you put your mod folder on the mods folder or on the content/vehicles folder, so i guess the system changed. Thanks a lot :oops:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice