how can I replace the gavril d-series gauges with the van's gauge ?

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by INKTBLI-7BK, Nov 18, 2019.

1. INKTBLI-7BK

INKTBLI-7BK
    Expand Collapse

i got the gauge but i have a problem with needle props in the gauges .

2. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

Welcome to the forums, @INKTBLI-7BK.
    To answer your question I'd like to start off by stating that getting props to work demands some persuasion. :)
    So, assuming you're working with Blender you need to import the Van's needles into the D-Series' .dae or
    Blender file before reexporting. Best way ( as I'm used) to do this is to start new Blender file, import Van
    .dae and save it as a Blender file. Then you can use this Blender file to import objects from it into your D-Series
    Blender file by pressing shift + F1 (import from library). So you press shift + F1 to import from library, find the Van Blender file and then you select 'object' and find the needles which will be named something like 'van_needle_speedo,van_needle_tacho' and so on.. Beware, with Blender and BeamNg props that you
    DON'T apply Location, Scale and Rotation while props are selected in the Blender file because you WILL lose their
    location instantly and it will be (very) difficult to get them working in a proper way in game. So again, after you
    import the needles from the Van Blender file DON'T use 'apply location, scale, rotation' on them as you would
    normally do with any other object to appear in the right place in game. Hope this helps, feel free to ask if not :)

edit : Also after doing the above, beware that there also are adjustments to make in the Jbeam file where the
    needle props are situated. You will possibly also have to calibrate them using the parameters in this Jbeam.
    Don't forget to check out the Wiki on props on this forum.

#2 NOCARGO, Nov 19, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice