1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

How are my Map Making Skills?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KarlRyker, May 5, 2014.

?

How are my map making skills

1. They are getting better

11 vote(s)
    45.8%
  2. They are staying the same

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. They are getting worse

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. I don't use your maps :(

8 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. KarlRyker

KarlRyker
    Expand Collapse

I have released 3 maps now and each one gets more downloads faster than the last so I would like your opinion on if my maps are getting better or if the are getting worse.

Thank you for your time. -KarlRyker

2. Rokzy rules

Rokzy rules
    Expand Collapse

Better but for screenies put your graphics up to the max before game crashes cos otherwise theyre pretty low quality and you cant see much detail ;)

3. KarlRyker

KarlRyker
    Expand Collapse

But I get like 25 fps on low :( I will get like 5 fps :(

4. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Thats irrelevant, no one will know if your fps is horrible in a screenshot. The point of that screenshot is to make your map look as awesome as possible. Turning the graphics up is a good way to help do that.

5. KarlRyker

KarlRyker
    Expand Collapse

If I'm that laggy how can I even look where I want to take the picture, I guess I could keep turning the settings up then down, Huh, I will try and do that, also, what would be reasonable settings? Medium?

6. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

My suggestion however harsh it is would be along the lines of deal with it :p . It is still possible to frame a still image at 5fps, you may have to be a little more patient than normal though. I think a good way around this would be to run the game windowed and just make the window tiny when you want to get to the general location and then go full screen when you want to get ready to line up the shot perfectly. You could also ask other people to take screenshots if you feel you cant do it justice, if you wanted to be really cleaver you could do a screenshot competition and hope that some people would want to enter and give it a go.

Since i was looking for procrastination opportunities i decided to take some mediocre screenshots :p
    screenshot_00064.jpg
    screenshot_00065.jpg screenshot_00066.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

The map looks pretty nice with Groundcover added to it btw.
    screenshot_00067.jpg
    screenshot_00069.jpg
    http://docs.garagegames.com/torque-.../World Editor/Adding Objects/GroundCover.html

#6 aljowen, May 6, 2014
    Last edited: May 5, 2014
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice