1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Horn sounds very distorted

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Tom517, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Tom517

Tom517
    Expand Collapse

I have tested this on safe mode and after clearing cache.
    The faster a car goes, the worse the horn will sound, it gives off a completely distorted sound and sometimes it doesn't even sound like a horn at all but it does sound perfectly normal when the car is stopped or traveling at low speeds. I haven't found this mentioned anywhere

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Re:Z_IA

Re:Z_IA
    Expand Collapse

I’m not the most knowledgeable on the audio system, but I’m pretty sure that’s just a side effect of the way the game processes sounds. Iirc, horn sounds are generated from a single node somewhere on the car. The game has a simulated doppler effect that pitch shifts sounds relative to the camera (and possibly on velocity as well). So I think what you’re referring to is the doppler effect processor being a bit too sensitive and “jittery” at higher speeds.

Like I said, I don’t know too much about the audio system, so take this with a grain of salt, but a potential fix for this may be to either lower the threshold at which pitch shifts on moving objects, or disable the effect on vehicles that the player camera is attached to (similarly to how only the player vehicle uses dynamic reflections when enabled). I’d love to see a dev’s take on this though (especially because I may be away off in how all this works, heh). (>.<’)

3. Vinbeezy

Vinbeezy
    Expand Collapse

Hi Tom

Did you ever find any solution to this? The same happens for siren sounds - both mods and OEM parts... wondering if you had any luck that you could share??

-VB

4. steven99brains

steven99brains
    Expand Collapse

There isn't really a solution, as someone said, it's how the game processes things. Also, when you post on a thread, check the date of the last message. In this case, you just bumped a thread that was several months old

5. 98crownvic

98crownvic
    Expand Collapse

Well, it was contributing, so I don't really see the problem.

Back on topic, this would be nice to see resolved in future versions of the game. I don't know how easy or not easy of a fix it is, but it makes driving with the siren on a little less enjoyable.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Vinbeezy

Vinbeezy
    Expand Collapse

I didn’t see any resolution on this thread, or anywhere on the internet at all. Thread may be several months old, but it is also unresolved - perhaps theorized at best. Well worth it to check and see if he had a solution to the issue.

After playing today, this issue seems to be corrected; Sirens and horns are working at all speeds cleanly as of post date.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice