WIP Hopper hot rod parts pack

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by trm7, Oct 5, 2021.

1. trm7

trm7
    Expand Collapse

screenshot_2021-10-02_13-49-42.png

A couple days ago i finished swapping the bluebuck engines into the hopper with a cut hood and made a simple configuration. The hopper looked so good as a hot rod that i thought id make a hot rod parts pack.

So far ive made a chopped wind shield, fuel cell from the wendover in place if the rear seats, seats and steering wheel from the barstow, and modified brace bars for the from from the barstow. Also stuck the nitrous bottle on the front cause i think it looks neat

here's some older pics too give an idea how it will look on the hopper.

Screenshot254.png

Screenshot255.png

this is it currently im gonna make sure i can get these parts in game before i move on to more parts

Screenshot257.png

these are the two hot rods that i got inspiration from

1200px-ThreeWindowCoupeHotrod6791.jpg

edit: in game pics:
    Screenshot273.png
    Screenshot272.png

edit 2: front nos bottle mounted.

screenshot_2021-10-06_19-59-21.png
    screenshot_2021-10-06_19-59-52.png
    Screenshot277.png

Edit 3 Barstow seats added and other fixes i cant remember anymore progress is halted till i finish important irl stuff i gotta do now.​
    screenshot_2021-10-07_18-50-57.png screenshot_2021-10-07_18-51-13.png
    edit 4 wheel base lengthened and i also finally figured out how to make it have textures without needing the barstow spawned in.(EDIT:NO ACTUALLY I DID NOT AT ALL TEXTURES HURT MY SMALL BRAIN) also various j beam fixes.

Screenshot293.png

EDIT: 6 well even when i wasnt technically working on this i was doing blender tutorials and learning more about modeling. Eventually felt confident i could make my own exhaust and heres the result its far from perfect i still got a lot to do but it looks so freaking good. Also custom adjustable suspension added so it sits lower and probably other stuff i cant remember.

Screenshot330.png Screenshot329.png Screenshot328.png

EDIT:7 DELETED wtfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff. im so werid shut up past me. no one cares about your crippling depression.

Things left to do before first proper release:
    1. finish implementing exhaust with inner cones
    2.do some j beam fixes on fuel cell
    3.add in barstow steering wheel.
    4. fix values on slammed suspension.
    5. move exhaust node for side exhaust
    6. configurations.
    Screenshot642.png
    Screenshot643.png

Edit 8: Fuel cell done, windshield done, exhaust done, j beam stuff mostly done, getting closer but some new bugs have popped up that I don't fully understand why yet.(mostly paint stuff it wants to spawn colored blue for some reason) but once that's sorted its on to configurations. if i can get my lazy butt to keep working on it through the weekend I could maybe get first release done next monday. but again I'm kinda lazy and sometimes loose motivation so I might not and it might be the monday after that monday. I finally felt it was looking good enough for proper pics so heres some fancy pics with it next to the stock hopper. Again when i started this i didnt even know what blender was nor did i know a thing about coding so there might be issues or things i didnt do the proper way or stuff i can improve. Im still learning. I do plan to keep updating and improving it as my knowledge grows so it will only get better from here.
    screenshot_2022-01-29_12-44-05.png
    screenshot_2022-01-29_12-43-53.png
    screenshot_2022-01-29_12-43-32.png
    screenshot_2022-01-29_12-43-01.png

Edited: removed a lot of wtf moments i dont even remember writing

Attached Files:

• Screenshot331.png
    • screenshot_2022-01-29_19-09-41.png
    • screenshot_2022-01-29_19-02-59.png
    • Screenshot665.png
    • Screenshot768.png
    • Screenshot769.png
    #1 trm7, Oct 5, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
  2. KyotoBlissard

KyotoBlissard
    Expand Collapse

This looks awesome! I can't wait!

#2 KyotoBlissard, Oct 10, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
  3. Boogary126

Boogary126
    Expand Collapse

Looks great man. Another reference that might be good is roadkill's rat rod Jeep.

4. Screamin Petrol

Screamin Petrol
    Expand Collapse

give it jeep willys split windscreen and flat fenders

5. Worx

Worx
    Expand Collapse

For some reason the parts doesnt show, but the config is applied just stock parts with no roof and fenders.

6. trm7

trm7
    Expand Collapse

Interesting. I thought It worked for me when I tested it real quick before releasing but I could of accidentally had the unpacked full version enabled instead of the actual cut down mod zip since I was in a rush. I’ve been freaking busy which is why the hot fix for it hasn’t been released yet I’ll have a look at it whenever I finally can. Mean time you could try clearing the cashe and disabling other mods and see if that resolves it.

7. Worx

Worx
    Expand Collapse

i think its a problem on my part which i dont know how to fix since im new to the game and i did try clearing cache seems like its still the same tho Thanks for replying

8. trm7

trm7
    Expand Collapse

i have learned how textures work and got just about all the textures figured out except the brace bars. They are technically fenders. Anyone know where the textures for fenders are located in the main materials .json file for the hopper? like how do i apply texture fenders its a bit different than everything else was. Any help would be appreciated im almost done with this. its just texturing the bracebars, adding the windshield glass texture, and finishing the exhaust model and its done. Jbeam stuff is finished, various bugs fixed, and the brace bars and everything is all j beamed and done now its literally just the fenders textures that have me stumped. Any help would be super greatly appreciated. till then imma start work on the other things that need to be done.

Screenshot609.png

#8 trm7, Jan 23, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
  9. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

I think you should use the roll bar textures instead, it will look better

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. trm7

trm7
    Expand Collapse

you are so smart I have no idea how that didnt cross my mind. Cause now they can also be colored which is neat. Thank you so much.

Screenshot610.png

• Like Like x 1
  11. trm7

trm7
    Expand Collapse

here i am again with another question. its basically ready for first release i just need help with thumbnails. Last time i made a thumbnail for this was in the old editor using the thumbnail generator. apparently thats outdated now and the new way is to use the screenshot creator. thing is i cant figure out why it doesnt work. I select the hopper in the vehicle bit and hit the green arrow play button and nothing happens. how tf do i use it?

screw it im using the old one. id still appreciate spmeone telling me how the new one works tho

Screenshot671.png

#11 trm7, Feb 4, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2022
  12. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Thumbnail generator is broken for most people now, every game update was breaking it more and more, and now it's almost completely broken

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice