WIP Beta released Hirochi Super Race 1.8.5

Powerful cars, 3 laps, can you win?

1. ryakra

ryakra
    Expand Collapse

ryakra submitted a new resource:

Hirochi Super Race - Powerful cars, 3 laps, can you win?

Read more about this resource...

2. ryakra

ryakra
    Expand Collapse

ryakra updated Hirochi Super Race with a new update entry:

New Barrier Model

Read the rest of this update entry...

3. spodoor3254

spodoor3254
    Expand Collapse

Really good scenario. I'm greatly enjoying it so far :D It would be cool if you could other racescenario's (different maps/cars and stuff). Keep up the good work!

4. ryakra

ryakra
    Expand Collapse

Thanks! I have been thinking about going on to difference maps, like the industrial mini track or a route through the port containers. But, I will try and finish this scenario first before I move on to planning of my next scenario(s).

• Like Like x 1
  5. spodoor3254

spodoor3254
    Expand Collapse

No problem bro. Keep up the good work! :D

6. ryakra

ryakra
    Expand Collapse

Creating a custom barrier model for a more Race-like feel (direct link if the image is not working)

The model is currently very plain, based on a racing barrier I found called tecpro. Texture (there are small details in the normal map you can't really see) was made in Quixel. The texture is going to charge, I can assure that.
    --- Post updated ---
    More work on the barrier texture. Baked some normal maps and gave it better textures (direct link incase image does not show)

7. ryakra

ryakra
    Expand Collapse

8. ryakra

ryakra
    Expand Collapse

9. Zero_code_name_Reaper

Zero_code_name_Reaper
    Expand Collapse

At most i can have 2 vehicles spawned in 3 works ok depending on how much detail is on the map 4 noticing the fps drop 5 or 6 have not tested and not sure i want to.
    System
    Processor: AMD A6-4400M APU with Radeon HD 7520 Graphics
    RAM 6.00 GB (5.46 GB usable)
    System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64 based processor
    Windows 10

Would like to get something much better than what i have but it is what i got.

10. ryakra

ryakra
    Expand Collapse

11. ryakra

ryakra
    Expand Collapse

12. Budnytrain

Budnytrain
    Expand Collapse

How easy is it to change the cars in this? Had a look in the prefab file but I'm assuming it's not as simple as just changing 'super' to 'hatch' or something.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Instant Winrar

Instant Winrar
    Expand Collapse

In addition to the JBeam, you have to change the .pc (part configuration) too. I copied and pasted mine from other scenarios in the game already so it shouldn't be that hard.

14. TheMohawkNinja

TheMohawkNinja
    Expand Collapse

We need better AI, because this is way too easy if you ask me. I mean, I understand that it must be a non-trivial task to make AI for a game when the model the AI is controlling can change unpredictably, but I would personally want them to focus on the AI over anything else (save for game-breaking bugs obviously).

That being said, it's nice to see what a proper race in this game would look like.

I can second the heavy PC requirements, I have a very similar build (the ever-so-slightly-better MSI Gaming R9 390 as opposed to the GTX 970), and I get roughly the same FPS range, which is totally playable so long as you don't get behind a bunch of locked-up wheel smoke. Should be noted though, that I get ~60 FPS in the four car race.

15. ryakra

ryakra
    Expand Collapse

Wow, the forums did not let me know about these posts. But on the topic of AI, there is sadly nothing I can really do about it. I have made it better especially on the first starting turn, the cars don't just brake down to 30mph. They now keep some speed but only go 60mph. in some other areas they like to slow down, I am testing modifications to the script to see if I can lower the amount that happens.

16. TheMohawkNinja

TheMohawkNinja
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, and they don't seem to go all out on the fastest part of the track, because I pass them so easily.

I might look into the AI if I can wrap my mind around what its' doing exactly, since I have a ton of time to kill.

17. ryakra

ryakra
    Expand Collapse

Did some testing, I got the AI to take corner 1 at around 70mph. Some tests they crashed into each other, though, they usually recovered. but on some of them, one or two of the cars goes into the wall. one interesting outcome I have noticed so far is that on a certain corner they tap the brake for some reason:
    Capture.PNG
    Edit: I believe that is a problem with the games AI, not the setup of the AI for the scenario.

#17 ryakra, Feb 19, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
  18. ryakra

ryakra
    Expand Collapse

19. Instant Winrar

Instant Winrar
    Expand Collapse

The cars turn down an access road and into the wall just before the last 2 corners. Not sure if it came in with this update but all cars do it.

20. ryakra

ryakra
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the heads up, I will take a look ASAP!
    --- Post updated ---
    How odd, im not sure why they do this. They really shouldnt be, they are told to go to a waypoint on the curve after that point, taking that route would not get them there.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice