Insanegaz
    Expand Collapse

Insanegaz submitted a new resource:

Hirochi Raceway added Drag Race Track - Drag Race Track

Read more about this resource...

2. Insanegaz

Insanegaz
    Expand Collapse

This resource has been removed and is no longer available for download.

3. Insanegaz

Insanegaz
    Expand Collapse

4. 1185323118

Expand Collapse

This is a great idea:rolleyes:

5. ILLUMINATI 2

ILLUMINATI 2
    Expand Collapse

You should do a update that puts in more different size Drag Strips like 1 mile, 1/8 mile, 1/4 mile, and 1/2 mile in the same map

6. Insanegaz

Insanegaz
    Expand Collapse

7. diago226

diago226
    Expand Collapse

any way you could add a scenario with the same random car option as the demo derby mod??

8. simonfrat123

simonfrat123
    Expand Collapse

cool,I will download it

9. Superchu Frostbite

Superchu Frostbite
    Expand Collapse

THE PROBLEM
    Honestly, the strip is WAYYY too short. By my calculations, your strip is 787 meters (give or take 5) from starting line to unyielding wall. A quarter mile is about 400 meters (exactly 402.336), which means you have a shutdown distance of ~385 meters. And while it is possible to stop in time for an eighth mile run, the margin of safety on the quarter is absurdly low. After some research, the shortest documented NHRA shutdown area is at Pomona Raceway, CA where after they complete the quarter mile, drivers are given 2100' (640 meters) to stop. Compounding your problem is most tracks have a sand trap for runaway vehicles at the end of the shutdown area (at Pomona, the sand trap is 320 feet long). You don't. In addition, you don't even have markings for the eighth or the quarter, so it is nearly impossible to know when to stop.
    HOW TO SOLVE
    I noticed the end of the strip is more or less flush with the edge of the world, but the start is much better due to the angle (20 degrees south of east) the track lays. Just moving the start back as far as you could with the current orientation would add ~475 meters to the total length by my extrapolation. Unfortunately, the maximum distance of strip you could conceivably lie down is less than a mile because Hirochi Raceway lies on a 1500x1500m (0.9375x0.9375 mile) map. Furthermore, addition of a short sand trap at the end of the strip before the wall would add realism (especially if functional), and please... PLEASE add markers for eighth and quarter mile.
    SHOULD YOU SOLVE
    You may want to consider that these stop distances are for professional drag machines that can reach 200 or 300+ miles per hour at the end of the quarter. No car in Beam are even close to those. (The Moonhawk and Barstow get about a 120 mile per hour number @ 11 or 12 seconds). Those cars also have parachutes and use brakes sparingly. So if you want to have a podunk eighth mile track, just leave it as is, but if you want a realistic NHRA legal track (barely) for quarter mile times, then reflect upon my suggestions.

#9 Superchu Frostbite, Apr 21, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  10. Grimm232

Grimm232
    Expand Collapse

Can the AI drive on this drag strip? if so which one do I choose there's a bunch to choose from?

11. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

The Decal roads used for the dragstrip have an unmodified drivability value, set the value from -1 to 1 in the world editor and the AI should be able to use it easily and also it will show up in the navigator. You can manually select the decal road to drive on but it is quite tedious and difficult to work out which decal road is which.

12. Randomguy12

Randomguy12
    Expand Collapse

Finally! An airpor.. um.. er.. Drag strip! (LOL just going to use it as an airport)

13. JonasTMT

JonasTMT
    Expand Collapse

Well, this was available since april 2016, and the last message on this thread was from september 2016.

14. Randomguy12

Randomguy12
    Expand Collapse

I don't think its really a bump as you can only find this in the forum if you search. Unless theres something else that I've not noticed.

15. JonasTMT

JonasTMT
    Expand Collapse

found it in-game:

I'm gonna leave this thread now.
    (If I sound rude, I didn't meant it)

Attached Files:

• Capture.png
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice