Separate names with a comma.
A brand new, content packed, compact roadster
Didn't saw when driving. Me crashed it when I was in Driver camera
Deleted just saw you already knew about this.
Please read known issues
Yep, sorry XD
I found a bug with the deformation, pictures below:
What did you do on the 1st one?
looks like someone should uh, redo the i6 swap ;-;
The doors are some spinny bois tho:
It might be controversial to say this, but... It might really need "better Jbeam", not as in new one from scratch, but more like drastic improvements of the current one.
The main body is all good, aside from some spiking on the rear pillars. But pretty much every part attached to the body doesn't behave as it should. I mean, it "doesn't work like metal/plastic would" if you get what I mean. Examples:
Doors get completely bent inwards after a small impact (and on big impact they turn into mangled mess):
Bumpers get twisted:
Hood does... this, like you try to bend it but it pops back into shape quickly but deformed with weirdly stretched hinges sometimes (and same with the trunk):
Fenders just act like jelly if you try to bend them until a certain point where they get all twisted around, hard to show this because there is always a lot of clipping.
Now I'm not exactly sure what causes this, but I presume it's due to the fact that most parts are Jbeamed in an oversimplified way: uniform structure (everything randomly connected to everything) + rigidifier with different beam values than the rest. This way is usually only used for small parts like headlights or mirrors that don't need to deform too well, but using it on a more complex structure can cause weird stuff to happen as shown here.
A proper way of simulating metal and plastic requires using different beam values for different kinds of beams on the same part, like it's done with the main body. For example cross beams should be easier to deform than main shape beams (I presume too hard ones are mostly causing the door issues), and rigids should be less stiff (too stiff rigids are defintely causing the hood and trunk issues, you can clearly see it in beam debug view). Some parts like the bumpers need more than 1 rigidifier to prevent twisting as shown on the screenshot.
These are not the only issues I found but I think they are the biggest ones because these are the biggest parts of the vehicle aside from the body.
But generally for a first scratch made car this is really good and it's understandable that it has issues like this.
Crashed and spinned in the air and hit the "bonnet" into the side of the bridge
I completely see where you’re coming from
the issue is, I know about all these issues but have no idea how to fix them. The idea of multiple different properties throughout a part’s main structure is really difficult to me, as this car is the first time I’ve had to scratch jbeam except the extremely primitive Bolide Facelift targa roof jbeam.
thanks for the thorough feedback though, it’s well appreciated
--- Post updated ---
The 1.1 update is ready for release, the changelog will be on the update
Fixing this might be easier than you think. First separate your beams into main shape, cross and rigids. Then just start gradually lowering the beam deform for cross beams and rigids, and spring just for rigids, until the issues are fixed. And in the end you might want to bring up the deform for main shape a bit if it starts deforming too easily.
And for the bumpers just make 2 rigidifiers closer to the sides instead of 1 in the middle and they should be fine.
Theo Wilkinson updated 2022 Hirochi CCF with a new update entry:
Bug Fixes, and the Off-Roadster
Read the rest of this update entry...
--- Post updated ---
that's reassuring to read
Unusually good feedback for the forum
electric motors have no sound
I discovered 2 bugs :
From some brief testing, it seems like the gear ratios for the manual transmissions are extremely close ratio for a street car. A low gear of 3.71 and high of 1.12 for a 6MT doesn't seem right, especially with a powerful engine like the 6 cylinder.
Something like a BRZ or NC Miata has a low gear around 3.8, a direct drive 5th gear, and an overdrive top gear around 0.8. This leaves realistic drops in RPMs per shift for street driving.
Rear diff ratios around 3.4 to 4.1 would result in good acceleration with realistic highway speed RPMs for a modern car.
Loving the mod and keep up the great work.
Thanks for the suggestion, I didn’t know how tight or far apart the gears should’ve been
When the engine is turned off, the turn signal of the headlights and mirrors is white instead of orange.
This is just because I used eSBR textures