High-idle cold start up, high-idle drivemodes and variable intake/exhaust systems

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by McBeamer94, Jan 7, 2022.

1. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

Hello everyone!
    I just had some nice ideas about the in-game car sound experience that can be implemented in the game for an even more realistic driving experience.

I believe high idle can be implemented in the cold startups of the engines because it would make the "Engine not warmed up" gameplay option even more realistic. Besides, that's how IC engines work IRL.
    The high idle cold start can be pretty dramatic when combined with an exhaust with fully open butterfly valves, a Race exhaust or without any exhaust even. Plus, high idle could also be implemented in the sportiest drivemode for making the sound experience more intense and offering a racy feel.
    While I'm on the subject of the exhaust butterfly valves, here's another idea: apart from drivemode-based, these valves could also be RPM-based and open above a certain RPM threshold. Plus when these valves open and close, they make a slight clanging sound which is very characteristic of them. The valves could open and close independently of the drivemodes with separate key bindingds.
    There are also variable induction systems that change the intake sound and could be implemented as well. Modern BeamNG cars could very well make use of such systems but the 80s/90s Ibishu Inline-4s (plus the Ibishu 2.7 V6) could also take advantage of them, especially since they already have a kinda-VTEC sound when revs climb.

#1 McBeamer94, Jan 7, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice