Hi I dont know if this is the right forum but I need somebody’s assistance, I want to make a mod tha

Discussion in 'Programming' started by alentaylor22, Dec 23, 2020.

1. alentaylor22

alentaylor22
    Expand Collapse

Hi I dont know if this is the right forum but I need somebody’s assistance, I want to make a mod that adds safety features (Forward collision warning, lane departure warning, etc) to the ETK’s,Hirochis, and vivace’s but I have no idea how to even start this will be my first ever mod may someone please help

2. angelo234

angelo234
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer
    BeamNG Team

To start off, you need some knowledge in programming, which includes languages such as Lua, AngularJS, and HTML (depends on the type of mod, but you would need these to create a UI app). Unfortunately, the documentation sucks so it's best to look at other people's mods to give you an idea on how to make your mod.

But it won't be easy, as it is your first time creating a mod. So instead, I suggest you start off by creating something simple like a scenario, which is a whole lot easier as it requires little to no coding, so you get a sense of what it is like creating a mod. Here's a guide: https://documentation.beamng.com/gameplay/scenario/creation_tutorial/creation_tutorial.html

3. alentaylor22

alentaylor22
    Expand Collapse

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice