Hi do u guys know how to make AI traffic to ?

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by DeWorD, Jul 15, 2022.

1. DeWorD

DeWorD
    Expand Collapse

Personal made map when there's no roads i would be very glad to find out how i can do those path thingys that AI knows where to drive :D

2. user123223

user123223
    Expand Collapse

i know how to set ai to flee chase and other. but if you are talking about making ai drive to a specific place that i dont know.
    you can use the world editor though and press ai path finding

3. DeWorD

DeWorD
    Expand Collapse

where's a button for ai path finding in f11? :D

Using road decal road editor those seem to work somehow to get the AI traffic to a map, but ai drives very very badly. Literally hits everything if there's an obstacle on his path and doesen't even stay on the path xD

I would like to know how to make better, but no clue where to start.

4. el_ferrito

el_ferrito
    Expand Collapse

Use the road decals. Place them where you want the road to be (use an invisible texture if you don't want to see the road). Set the driveability to 1, and the AI will use it. That is the most simple way.

Otherwise there are other settings that will work. In general, the AI is a bit funny with some things, like long straights and sudden sharp bends, but they're definitely getting better.

They will drive on lower driveability roads too I think, but not sure what value they stop at.

If you go on to any mod maps (with AI) and the vanilla maps, and press F11, you can it to only select AI roads (the devs lay these separately (I just use the same decal as the road texture I'm putting down as I'm lazy...). You can look at their settings to see.

There is also a setting somewhere for spawning on the road decals, it is enabled by default, but if you accidentally click it, you might stop them spawning on your road (so... don't...:)).

Otherwise I'm happy to help where I can. I don't always respond quickly.

El

5. DeWorD

DeWorD
    Expand Collapse

Thanks man for answering i found out that road decal editor makes the 'ai traffic path' but it's really bad as my 'roads' arent roads those are offroad full of stones and stuff so when Ai hits the stone it has no clue that it's stuck and tryes something random.
    Then another question how am i able to make a road on top of assets/objects? Like i have carkour/parkour roads made by squares and stuff and when i pull that decal road thing it goes under those objects and traffic cars spawns inside those blocks and not on top of them :D
    I know that it's possible to make those routes manually by recording it, but is it possible to add those recordings to ai traffic roads? Like u drive record it and then could turn the path to ai traffic path somehow that all of those traffic cars would try to drive it? :D

6. el_ferrito

el_ferrito
    Expand Collapse

There is an option in the road decal for 'go over objects' or something like that.

Yeah, they don't look ahead for obstacles, the best you can do is plot the decal around these, or remove their collisions.

I would love to see a speed limiter on the decals in future, to set the target speed for the AI. We shall see.

7. DeWorD

DeWorD
    Expand Collapse

Hmm i didn't see that go over obstacles thingy i shall research this a bit :D
    EDIT/ Found it lol

Ive removed ton of stones on first area so ai can move atleast a bit, but for some reason sometimes i see them just being still. On few areas i noticed it works as not so many obstacles, but then again if another AI car comes from opposite direction they have no clue that there's car coming xD

When Put traffic on and then choose 'random' setting how they drive it makes them drive a bit faster, but yea random means random :D

Hopefully in future updates in there + when go to window -> gameplay there's race/path editor, but i try to search, but didn't find any instructions how to use :D

#7 DeWorD, Aug 24, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2022
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice