help with first skin?

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by 2015ChryslerYpsilon, Jul 2, 2020.

1. 2015ChryslerYpsilon

2015ChryslerYpsilon
    Expand Collapse

I'm trying to make my first skin, a Hot Wheels Acceleracers livery for the Covet, but I have no idea what I am doing beyond making it in paint.net - I have absolutely no experience with modding the game and all skins I've done for other games are literally "edit a template, stick it in what is very clearly a skin folder, go play with it". I would really really appreciate some help with this.

Essentially I'm trying to make it so that the car itself's colour can change, but the graphics and decals on the car do not change colour with the rest of it or get affected by making the car's colour darker. I also want to get rid of the black side trim when the skin is applied.

I have already made the skin's graphics layer so all I really need to know is what else to do to make it work the way I want it to.

Very early unrevised version of the skin attached - this one is a whole skin which acts weird when coloured.
    I can also provide the current set of graphics as they are right now if needed.

Attached Files:

• wip_skin.png
  2. _Diamond_Coal_

_Diamond_Coal_
    Expand Collapse

You can learn here

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice