Help with changing Rear Suspension Type

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by CreasingCurve, Oct 17, 2016.

1. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

Hey guys.
    This thread will be pretty basic because i don't want to give away any details of my plans to those who don't know what i am working on.
    Basically, i am looking for someone who can help me setup some decent rear suspension for the vehicle that i am working on to allow me to add some decent springs and shocks along with a roll bar to the rear. I don't ask that you do the whole thing as i would like to learn how you do it, if you set up the mounting points on the rear of the frame with the appropriate node/beam connections for proper suspension geometry that would be very, very highly appreciated as this is the only restricting feature that is holding back my project as it currently has an outdated and terrible leaf sprung roll bar less rear suspension.

Any help would be appreciated.
    If you would like to help either you can start a private conversation with me or comment on this thread and i will make one with you.
    Please only serious people as i would like to get this project released soonish and more importantly that it be of a high quality.

Cheers
    CreasingCurve

2. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

If anyone would like to help out or atleast give some pointers it would be appreciated and a spot in the beta will be guaranteed. Surely there is somebody who will or would like to help out. Like i said above, i am not asking you to do the whole suspension setup up for me. i only need help or guidance from an experienced being who knows how to setup up the nodes and beams in the jbeam for the correct geometry.

3. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

No one has helped as you've answered your own question, you just haven't realised it yet.

Remove jbeam for the old suspension. Jbeam a new one of type you want. There's no easy shortcut

4. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

@SixSixSevenSeven. I found out a way to do it and i'll post here to say how i did it becuase it turned out to be a pretty easy task because i later realised that everything i needed was already there.
    Basically i copied the bolide's mounting brackets and moved them to the position of the where the rear suspension of the van was a nd just reinforced and triangulated all of the bracket mounting points so it didn't move around under cornering and acceleration. You just need to move the whole assembly as one piece otherwise it wont be in the correct places and the car wont drive straight or the suspension will not act like it is supposed to.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice