Solved Help deciphering sbeam file

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by Bison, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Bison

Bison
    Expand Collapse

I would like to know what the titles mean and do...

Code:
     ["group",   "filename",                                      "profile",            "nodeName", "source",        "factor", "offset", "minVolume", "minPitch", "maxVolume", "maxPitch", "pitchBlendInStartValue", "pitchBlendInEndValue", "volumeBlendInStartValue",  "volumeBlendInEndValue", "volumeBlendOutStartValue", "volumeBlendOutEndValue", "volumeModifiers",   "pitchModifiers"],
    Thanks.

2. meywue

meywue
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    BeamNG Team

Hey Bison,

tbh I cannot help you properly with all the item of this table. But at least I can try to explain the important one's in here. Obviously it's just like a title as you said and has no real function within the game, it's 'just' an orientation for the user of this file.

filename:
    Is of course the name of the file you want to use with the following parametres.
    source: This is the source where the sbeam file gets the value from. It is defined in Lua. So Lua returns e.g. the rpm value to this file to handle the sound file.
    minVolume, maxValue: Clamps the volume of the File.
    minPitch, maxPitch: Clamps the Frequency which will be used.

Now the more interesting value to define your sounds:

volumeBlendInStartValue, volumeBlendInEndValue, volumeBlendOutStartValue and volumeBlendOutEndValue.

Code:
      "sounds":[
        "volumeBlendInStartValue",  "volumeBlendInEndValue", "volumeBlendOutStartValue", "volumeBlendOutEndValue"
           0000,                         200,                   500,                    4000

In the end we are blending the different sound files (like I tried to visualize in the picture above).

volumeBlendInStartValue defines the entry point of the sound file. volumeBlendInEndValue is defining the rpm value where the sound reaches it max volume. volumeBlendOutStartValue defines how 'long' it will last in the maximum volume. volumeBlendOutEndValue is for fading out the sound. As you can see in the picture, in the meantime another sound already started to play, since their value definitions are overlapping.

I hope it was a bit helpful.
    Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

Cheers.

• Like Like x 7
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice