Help! Can't make level due to missing file!

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Sussus Amogus, Jul 2, 2021.

1. Sussus Amogus

Sussus Amogus
    Expand Collapse

For a while now, I have been trying to make a map in BeamNG.drive, however many of the tutorials are outdated (even the official one), and they all direct you to change information in main.level.json.
    This file does not exist (no matter what map, reinstalling the game, etc.). I don't think it's corrupted, as the official levels load fine, but I cant find a way to edit the map information without it!
    Here are some pics:
    Official guide:

Mine (different map) but even with ecusa, the main.level.json file is nowhere:

I checked that the file may have been renamed throughout various updates (mainLevel.lua looked similar), but the file is nowhere to be found.
    It seemed however, that the info.json file was referring to another file named levels.west_coast_usa.info but i was unable to find that either (due to my lack of knowledge I am unsure if that file is what I need, or is the replacement of main.level.json

I looked for the file online and found this thread Unsolved - Missing main.level.json in GridMap folder (Partly Solved) | BeamNG, but that file attached is in a different format (.mis) and it applied to GridMap 1.0 only.

This is my first time posting on the forum, and I am unsure if this is the right place to post this, but any help would be much appreciated, as id love to make a map for BeamNG!

Attached Files:

• Foldersetup_maptutorial1.jpg
    • Screenshot2021-07-02180823.jpg
    • Screenshot2021-07-02181124.jpg
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice