Height editing (Heightmap) in game (HELP PLEASE)

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Jujune, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Jujune

Jujune
    Expand Collapse

So i made the height of Auriga to height.
    So is it possible (if it is, how?) to edit the heightmap after importing it in the game?

My problem is that its about 5-10metres to high and i spent about 4hours on the map and i dont want to lose progress...

2. msurf15

msurf15
    Expand Collapse

well height maps are pretty easy to understand ( at least with me ) ... do you use L3DT or a different heightmap creator...if you use something else I highly suggest you use L3DT (quick search on google)...anyway...if you have imported the map to beamng you can edit it in the torque 3d editor like you would in any other map...if your really confused take 30min to read and follow this tutorial...it helped me alot to make my map paradise island that is in my signature...here... http://www.beamng.com/threads/2764-...depth-guide-with-pictures)?highlight=fundador ...orrrrrrr if you dont want to restart you can export a png. file of the heightmap to your map folder (just make a folder in your levels folder of the name of your map and export the png. there) the tutorial will explain this all....its simple really...hope to see a new map from you:)

3. Jujune

Jujune
    Expand Collapse

Lol. I think you misunderstand me ^^ i already have complete map ingame just noticed that the mountains are to height. So i ask how can i make them ALL a little lower (with heightmap editor like you have on the beginning by building a map and import the heightmap).

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9105P mit Tapatalk

4. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

There is an ingame tool to edit terrain, it's impossible to miss it.

5. Straubz

Straubz
    Expand Collapse

he means to change the height scale of the whole map, i have only ever found how to change the size:(

could you export the heightmap and re import it?

6. NkosiKarbul

NkosiKarbul
    Expand Collapse

when you import your heightmap, you should see a data field with the title "height scale" if you change that number only the vertical scale will be altered. heightscale.jpg
    Not sure if you where talking about that and it is pretty obvious but i thought it cant harm to point it out anyway.

7. JDMClark

JDMClark
    Expand Collapse

Well I don't k ow much about heightmaps but if the height is off by a couple meters it shouldn't cause that much harm unless ur ocd. Is there like a file with properties in it? Could spend a day changing the variables lol

8. Jujune

Jujune
    Expand Collapse

My question has not been answered but im done with making maps for a whole time.

#8 Jujune, Feb 24, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  9. NkosiKarbul

NkosiKarbul
    Expand Collapse

sorry i interpreted that completly wrong... did read again but cant help with that.
    But seriously, 4 hours is nothing. Do it again and use what you have learned on first try.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice